This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Agnes Scott chapter.

If you are reading this article, I am assuming that you are a part of the wonderful, yet small, group of Agnes Scott College students who are old enough to legally consume alcohol. I also know that you will take my money saving tips and drink responsibly. With the liabilities out of the way, let’s get to the cheap drinks!

1.Whiskey Wednesdays At Pinewood

I was first introduced to Pinewood’s amazing cocktail and food menu by our Her Campus President, MeaResea Homer. The stylish atmosphere of Pinewood is like that of many restaurants near Agnes. If you’ve been around long enough, you’ll find that the more stylish a restaurant the more ridiculous the prices. However, our friends at Pinewood offer half-priced whiskey drinks on Wednesday. Located near the CVS in Decatur, students at Agnes can walk easily to this location.

2. The Iberian Pig

After class on Friday, celebrate the weekend with a glass of Sangria from the Iberian Pig. Located near the Agnes favorite, Jeni’s ice cream, the Iberian Pig is a place in the square that is often packed with Decatur’s professional scene. From 5-7pm on weekdays, however, students can stop by for a five buck glass of Sangria or punch.

(Photo by Jez Timms on Unsplash)

3. Victory Sandwich Bar

For students desperate after midnight, Victory is the last resort for those late night munchies. Personally, I am not a big fan of the food at Victory, but if you are looking for a low-cost cocktail, Victory is the place to be. I would suggest grabbing out of their “World Famous” whiskey coke slushies, for only $4!

Whether you are out celebrating, or having a nice glass of wine after a hard week, you never have to pay full price for a drink. Besides the Decatur deals listed above, you can find many drink specials around the Atlanta area. Just be sure to research before you go. Your wallet will thank you!

Margaret is a sophomore who is always ready to learn about the wonders of the world. Having lived in five states across the South, Margaret fearlessly takes on challenges-- from different places to unfamiliar disciplines. With an intended major in Political Science, Margaret is eager to engage in conversations with people from all backgrounds. In her spare time, you can find Margaret sipping on a mocha latte.