This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Trends come and go; one day you’re in, another day you’re out of fashion. Through the decades we’ve seen many spontaneous trends ranging from fashion to new methods or diets for healthy eating. The key about trends is that they can either become timeless and be recycled or simply be forgotten. Here is a list of trends that maybe we should consider leaving behind.  

Ripped Jeans- The trend slowly began to branch out in the 70’s when the Ramones showed their sign of rebellion. However, it has become so evolved to the point that they don’t seem like a style anymore not to mention have become extremely expensive. 

Leggings as pants- Wearing comfortable clothing can be comforting especially on rough days. However, sometimes what is comfortable to us might be uncomfortable to others.

Flash Tattoos- Summer 2014 taught us that we didn’t have to spend a lot of money to own a cool tattoo. Flash tattoos were convenient because they’re not permanent and were cheap. However, they might look a bit tacky especially when using too many.

Short shorts- This should be self explanatory; no one needs to see more than they should.

Using juices as meal replacements- juicing was definitely the biggest food trend of 2014. People use it to shed those extra pounds and hopefully feel rejuvenated after it. What people don’t know is that your actually not supplying your body with the proper nutrients that it needs. Also, juicing causes horrible side effects such as headaches, dizziness and possible digestion issues.

Floral crowns- Whether it was concerts or just walking down the parks, girls are seen wearing floral crowns that look oddly familiar to the ones we wore as little girls. Unless we are in a play or a wedding, maybe those crowns should stay hidden in our closets.

Every year new trends are set or are brought from the past. Hopefully we learn from the past, and come up with better ones that can eventually become timeless. 

I am currently working for Chernoff Diamond, a financial consulting firm. I have a passion for writing and going to the gym. My main mission is to utilize my writing and journalism skills to help advocate for the underprivileged. With determination and hard work, I am motivated to travel around the world and learn about people's stories in hope to become more knowledgeable about the world.