This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Hi friends! By now, we’ve all entered yet another semester of college. First of all, a round of applause to ourselves for making it through that last semester you thought would never end. Trust me, girl, I feel your pain. Alas, we must push forward with this fresh start and remain dedicated and focused on our school work. Well, here’s the truth… The student honeymoon phase only lasts the first two weeks of the semester. C’mon you know.. the one where you remind yourself that you’re a scholar and will stay on top of all your assignments from now until finals week, meanwhile, you’re already watching Netflix in bed instead of writing that five-page paper. No need to fear friends, I too am guilty of this crippling procrastination. I am here today to help guide you through Netflix’s top five shows you MUST watch this month, because if you’re procrastinating already, you might as well dive into these awesome shows.

1. YOU

Right off the bat, I would like to say you are absolutely welcome because I just put you on to one of my personal favorite shows. If you are are a criminal/mystery documentary junkie like me, you will fall in love with this show. Simply put, the storyline is built through a man’s thoughts as he attempts to win over the heart of poetry writer Bec. His name is Joe, and you’ll see early on that he can get a little bit obsessed. You may even say he’s a little bit of a stalker *wink wink*. That’s all I can say because this show is literally full of ups and downs and mysterious plot twists. I don’t want to spoil all the secrets of the show so please give this series a chance, you won’t regret it.

2. The Ted Bundy Tapes

I may be a little late to inform you all of this new show, but I’m here to let you know it sure is living up to the hype. If you’re not familiar with the infamous serial killer Ted Bundy, you need to sister study because his story is chilling, surprising, and extremely interesting. Now, I don’t want to glamourize serial killers at all, because at the end of the day many innocent lives were lost and I don’t want to disrespect that at all. However, understanding the psychology of why these guys do what they do is so intriguing and gut-turning. This show follows Ted’s story from childhood into adulthood, and I think it really opens the door of psychology to the general public.

3. Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened

Going back to reality a little bit, this show is actually a documentary about the highly disappointing Fyre Festival. For some context, the Fyre festival was supposed to take place a couple years ago in the Exumas, Bahamas. This luxury festival appealed to America’s elite, with overpriced tickets and top models promising the best of the best. Well, not everything is what it seems, because this festival went downhill rather quickly. Most scenes were captured revealing what it was actually like to set up this festival and shedding a light on its demise. Could this epic failure be avoided, and where did all the money go? Jail time on the table for its founder? Be sure to watch this one to find out.

4. Hairspray

Now, I think we need to lighten the mood with this classic and ICONIC musical. Unpopular opinion: I wasn’t a fan of the live-action remake of Hairspray. Of course, the original version of Hairspray will live on forever. However, this version is simply the best. The casting, costumes, and musical talent in this movie truly make it worth the watch. Zac Efron, Amanda Bynes, and Nikki Blonsky have undeniable chemistry. Before you log onto Netflix, I’d like to apologize real quick, because these songs will be stuck in your head for the next week.

5. Sebastian Maniscalco: Stay Hungry

I absolutely love stand up, but I am also extremely picky. I hate corny jokes because I love to laugh authentically. This special has to be one of the funniest Sebastian sets I have ever watched. It was taped at Radio City Music Hall in NYC (my favorite place). His facial expressions are hilarious and his jokes are mostly centered around things we are all thinking but would never say out loud. Save this for a stressful day or when you need a pick me up!

Hello everyone! My name is Megan Rasiak, and I am a senior nursing student at Adelphi University in Garden City, NY. I have been apart of HerCampus since 2018, and I love writing about fun topics, advice sessions, late night thoughts, and feel good articles. I am just your average nursing student who loves vegan food, music, and random adventures. I try to write my articles as if you are coming along with me through my journey of self-discovery, college life, nursing and everything in between.