This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Nobody wants to be alone. I know I don’t, and often to fill the emptiness of being single we often jump into a relationship to fill the void even if it doesn’t feel completely right. Despite what society has shown, being single can prove to be empowering. Here are some perks of being a single pringle.

Save Money

I don’t know about you, but I get to save money year round since I don’t have to worry about buying gifts or paying y for a date. Being a big food person, this means I can sit down, buy a large pizza and not have to worry about sharing my delicious food with anyone.

No Jealousy

What’s jealousy when you’re single?  Being emotionally invested in someone is amazing, but at the same time, it can cause some paranoia. You end up worrying about who’s trying to get with your significant other. Most of the time it is impossible to avoid. Here’s is an equation to completely avoid jealousy. No, I’m not joking, it’s quite simple:

No Relationship = No Jealousy

FREEEEDOM

When you’re in a relationship, you often get this one nagging question, “What are you doing?” or “Where are you?” Sometimes you feel like they’re your parents where you have to tell them what you’re doing 24/7. However, being a pringle will mean you can do what you want without having to worry whether you can go or not. Being single gives you the opportunity to do whatever your heart desires!

No Shaving

C’mon girls,  you know what I mean. Having those extra leg hairs during the winter time keeps you super warm and you don’t have to worry about whether someone else’s preference.

Inner Peace

While being in a relationship, it is very easy to lose yourself in a relationship. Sometimes, you look at yourself in the mirror and is shocked to see how much you’ve changed. That being said, it is so fulfilling to do things to satisfy yourself. If you don’t know what to do, you can try crocheting or even my personal favorite yoga. The options are not limited to these but trying something new will surprise you because you never know what you may end up liking.

Though there are many perks of being in a relationship, sometimes we need to take time to discover who we are.

Hello! My name is Shanisha! I am a Junior Nursing Major and part of the Levermore Global Scholars Program at Adelphi University. On campus, you will most likely find me in the Underground Cafe with my friends or at the Alice Brown Early Learning Center. These are my two favorite spots! I hope you are able to relate to the articles I write! Enjoy your day!! :)