People You’ll See in Swirlbul During Finals Week

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

It’s that time of the year again, where spending time at the library becomes one of our daily rituals. For the next two weeks, people who have been hiding all semester will come to life. But nothing is worse than having to encounter any of these types of people, during finals week.

The conversationalist:

You’re sitting in the silent studying room. Suddenly, you hear someone trying to whisper to their friend about her amazing party weekend. Unfortunately, her whispering skills are terrible and you find yourself staring annoyed, as you put your headphones on.

The survivor:

You’re walking to a desk near by to study in. You walk past a student who has his head on a pillow and snacks scattered everywhere. These types of people are the ones who are prepared for anything and everything, and will do everything to survive finals week. This includes sleeping at the library and possibly living there too. 

The procrastinator:

Netflix, Facebook, and other distractions are a few of the things procrastinators love to use. They will do everything in their power to avoid studying as much as possible. They’ll distract anyone with their noise, laughter and possible creations. 

Last but not least: the worrywart:

These are the type of people who never leave the library. They are constantly studying and freak out when they can’t find what they are looking for. The littlest things can make them cry and they probably go to the gym because they can’t take the stress anymore. 

As finals week approaches, just remind yourself that the month long vacation is right around the corner. So put your warrior suit on and attack finals with style. Remind yourself that after it’s all over, you can treat yourself to a whole month of Netflix binging. 

I am currently working for Chernoff Diamond, a financial consulting firm. I have a passion for writing and going to the gym. My main mission is to utilize my writing and journalism skills to help advocate for the underprivileged. With determination and hard work, I am motivated to travel around the world and learn about people's stories in hope to become more knowledgeable about the world.