This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

You know the feeling, the desire to get the absolute perfect Instagram post. The newest trend to hit New York as of this past year has been a variety of pop-up exhibits and museums, which are art installations that run for a limited amount of time. People enjoy taking pictures in front of a giant pizza slice or immersing themselves in a giant ball-pit of nightmares, just to get that extraordinary, unique post. Check out these pop-ups that are taking over New York right now!

The Nightmare Machine

It’s time to get spooky! The popular Dream Machine pop-up has now been transformed into the Nightmare Machine for the month of October. Located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn this pop-up features several rooms that allow for you to escape from “reality” as you enter a dream-like dimension, for this seasonal pop-up, your nightmares in particular. For those not into haunted houses or corn mazes, no need to worry. The Nightmare Machine is for those who want a spooktacular instagram post rather than a jump-scare. However, children under the age of 12 are not permitted due to its PG-13 rating. Since this pop-up is only available for a limited time, until the end of October, be sure to grab your tickets fast… you won’t want to miss out! Tickets are $38 per person and must be purchased in advance. For more information, check out their website here.

The Museum of Pizza (#MoPi)

Did someone say pizza? There is no better place to attend this pop-up museum than New York! Located in Williamsburg, Brooklyn this pop-up will feature several art installations dedicated to our love of pizza. Not only will you be able to take photographs in front of insta-worthy pizza art, each ticket holder is eligible for one slice of pizza at or outside the museum (while supplies last). This pop-up museum will run from October 13th through October 28th. Tickets are $35 per person and must be purchased in advance. For more information, check out their website here.​

Candytopia

Looking for a sweet place to stop by after your savory visit to MoPi? Candytopia will satisfy that sweet tooth of yours! With several art installations dedicated to the magic of candy, visitors will be able to get some pretty sweet pics too. This pop-up runs until November 15th. For more information, check out their website here.​

Rosé Mansion

I’m about to rosé my way down to Manhattan! Try different kinds of rosé from around the world with your friends and have a chance to explore several art installations dedicated to the history of  rosé wine and other wines as well. Since this pop-up involves alcohol, you must be 21+ to purchase tix and must show valid ID. This event will only last until October 21st, so grab your girls and hit 5th avenue before it is too late! For more information, check out their website here.

Wonder World

Lovers of literature! Immerse yourself in the world of Alice in Wonderland through six art installations dedicated to this classic book. This pop-up will run until November 4th, 2018 so be sure to jump down the rabbit hole with some friends and get your tickets as soon as possible! Tickets are $26. For more information, check out their website here.  

Now that you have a few pop-up museums in mind, grab your friends and get your insta-game on!

Hi! My name is Kerri Hayman and I am an undergraduate student at Adelphi University. My passion for writing lies within the lines of my poetry. I truly believe that when spoken word fails, written word speaks. Writing has allowed me to open a creative door for others to venture through and to relate on a personal level. Through struggles and triumphs, writing has become an artistic outlet for me to express my creative self!