#ItsNotEasyBeinGreen

Meet our new beautiful member, Jade!

Name: Jade Tabor

Year: Junior

Major/minor: Political Science, Adolescent Education

Career goals: I just want to be happy with whatever I end up doing!

Netflix Binge: Brooklyn Nine-Nine (Hulu!), The Office, and The Good Place

Favorite pick me up movie: Lilo & Stitch, Freedom Writers, The Lego Movie

Favorite Song atm: Sunflower - Post Malone ft. Swae Lee

Favorite book: Tuesdays with Morrie by Mitch Albom, People Kill People by Ellen Hopkins

Hobbies/Passions: As someone who continues to struggle with both of these myself, I am passionate about self-love and mental health. I’m also a major foodie! When you grow up in Queens, feeding yourself on a budget becomes a lifestyle.

Defining life experience: Right at the beginning of the seventh grade, my family’s apartment burned to a crisp. I grew up fast before that, but my capacity to be a caretaker increased exponentially that night, and I have been a self-proclaimed mom-friend ever since.

What are you most proud of yourself for: I’m so proud of myself for taking initiative when I realized I was at my lowest point. It took a long time and it is never easy to deal with, but I’ve been working through it and I know that I am growing.

Dream Vacation spot: Maldives or anywhere in South America

Favorite adelphi spot: To be productive? Honors (Earle). To hang out? Nexus.

Interesting fact/adelphi story: I left my house at 6 a.m. for my first two years at Adelphi since I took a bus, two trains, and the railroad to get to school. I finally got my license (after years of coming up with excuses) the summer before my junior year!