This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Everyone gets jealous at one point or another. There are many different reasons why we get jealous, and the reasons can be over anything at all. No matter what the circumstance, jealousy can be worked through and dealt with so that you feel better overall.

1. Set Goals

Whether you’re jealous of someone’s car or their new boots, set a goal to save up for it. Hey, one day it could be yours as well!

2. Love Yourself

From experience, I know that sometimes I look at other women and feel jealous of the way they look, and I wish that I looked more like them. It’s natural. But you were given what you have for a reason, so never forget that, and always show it off!

3. Be Rational

We can’t always get what we want. That’s life! If we got everything we wanted, life would be boring. So just know that even if you don’t have something that someone else does, it’s for a reason. Something you’ll love even better is coming your way. 

Melissa is a journalism student at Adelphi University, and hopes to one day write for magazines and/various media types.