Gharvhel Carre ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Q: What’s your year and major?

A: I am a graduating junior (class of 2017) currently studying physics and computer science through a 3-2 joint degree program between Adelphi University and Columbia University.

Q: What activities are you involved in school and outside school?

A: I’m the Class of 2017 Representative for the Levermore Global Scholars Student Leadership Council, a brother of Pi Lambda Phi Fraternity, and an active member of Physics Club as well as Sikhs United.

Fun Fact: I’m a political refugee from Haiti. I’m also a former all-county wrestler. 

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: I have a passion for sports and staying active. I enjoy working out, wrestling and playing basketball & soccer. I also like exploring different cultures and getting to know people.

Q: What are your favorite foods?

A: Anything vegetarian!

Q: What do you wish to do when you graduate? (What are your goals)

A: Chuck Palahniuk once stated, “We all die. The goal isn’t to live forever, the goal is to create something that will.” Since the age of ten, my childhood dream has been to be remembered as a major contributor to science. I want to be one of the greatest minds of the 21st century. Which partly explains why I’m studying Physics and Computer Science.

Fun Fact:  I skipped 6th grade and started college at the age of 16

Q: Do you have any role models?

A: I don’t have any role models. I try to find my own approach to life. I believe that the only person I should try to be better than is the person I was yesterday.

Q: What do you look for in a partner?

A: I’m not picky at all, as long as she is loyal, down to earth and caring. However, I really dislike girls who love to gossip too much.

Q: What would be the perfect date?

A: I would really appreciate anything that is well-thought-out, but I would be fine with anything as long as we are enjoying each other’s company.

Q: Single or taken?

A: Single

Hi I'm Liz!! I'm currently a sophomore at Adelphi University and I study communications. I strive to become a journalist or a news reporter someday. Besides being a contributor for HerCampus and studying communications, I have a passion for martial arts and criminal justice. I also love babysitting so I obviously love kids and something I may also do is become a teacher. One fun fact about me is that  I have been studying Ju Jitsu for the past 12 or 13 years and I am currently a second degree brown belt.