pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
pang yuhao kd5cxwZOK4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Fun Ways to Keep Track of Your College Memories

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.
As they say college will be the best years of your life and definitely the most memorable. Whether you’re involved in Greek life, a  sports team, a music group or an other extra-curriculars or even just hanging with your friends; you’re bound to have some awesome memories. 

You’re more than likely going to want to keep some of your memorabilia from your university, but not having it all cluttered and unorganized. 

Here are some options that can help you save your memories: 

1. T-shirt blanket: After being on campus, snagging free t-shirts from Orientation, events, and extra-curriculars that you’re involved in, you’re going to have a lot! After graduating you’re more than likely, not going to be wearing college t-shirts anymore. There are websites like  Project Repeat, Campus Quilt Company, and Too Cool T-shirt Quilts, that can take your old t-shirts and create a blanket out of them. It clears space in your closet for work apparel plus you have a new throw blanket! 

2. A scrapbook: From your first day as a freshmen to Graduation Day, you’ll probably have many photos (and selfies) saved on your phone. Get some special photo paper and print them out or send them to a photo station like CVS. Head over to a craft store like Michael’s and buy some an empty scrapbook, stickers, colorful/pretty paper, glitter glue and whatever else you may need to decorate and organize your photos. Just spread out all of your photos and materials and be in a quiet space and you’ll be good to go! 

3.  Mugs, phone cases and more! 
Today you can put your favorite picture on almost anything at CafePress. You can put your own personal photos on a phone and laptop cases, shirts, pens and even more!  
Stores like Walmart allow you to choose photos and place the in a collage on your very own mug. It’s a great gift for someone else or for yourself when you want to look back on your memories!

4. Calendars: There sites such as Shutterfly and Vistaprint where you can make your own personalized calendar! You just pick a theme and choose the photos and captions/quotes for each  month. Depending on how many photos you have, you can make multiple calendars! 

5. Cork Boards: You may or may not have some old wine corks saved from some fun nights. If not, ask your friends/family and start saving wine corks. Once you have enough saved, you can create a cork board. Create your frame and wooden base for the board, cut up the corks and glue down. Once dry, you can hang up your photos and other memorabilia.  (Another option is to arrange the corks together in a symbol and glue, once it is dried, hang up.)

6. Canvas Art: Canvas wall art is easy to make and is an upgrade to paper posters, that you definitely had! Grab some canvas from a craft store and create a collage. Use some Mod Podge to glue down the pictures, once dry seal the pictures with another coat of Mod Podge and let dry. Just hang it up and enjoy! 

Make sure that you’re creative and that you add your own personal flair to your projects when preserving your memories! Whether it’s a scrapbook or a t-shirt quilt, it’s a cute and affordable idea to spice up your room or new place that you may be living. And hey! It’s never to early to start saving photos and creating something!   

Hello! My name is Melanie! I studied Business Management here at Adelphi. Dancing is my passion and my life and I've been dancing since I was four years old. I still dance to this day in NYC. I was employed on campus as part of the Social Media Team. Also, on campus was involved in Adelphi's Symphony Orchestra where I played violin and wrote for HerCampus. Other fun facts about myself is I love animals and the outdoors, my favorite color is pink and I wish that I was a mermaid. ❤