This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

We all have those songs that make us feel like we are on top of the world. You know the song… you probably have one, if not more, in mind right now. Well for those of you who don’t or you want new songs that will lift you up, make you feel strong and powerful… this list is for you!

Want to listen to these empowering jams as you read?  Here is a playlist with these and more!

1. “This Is Me” -Keala Settle

The Greatest Showman came out a few months ago and while I still have not seen it, I have been non-stop jamming to the album, this one song in particular. There is also a Kesha version of this song but Keala Settle sings it with such passion that you feel it in your bones. You can’t help but sing along and feel empowered like there is nothing that anyone can do that will “cut you down” because you are strong and brave.

2. “Run the World” -Beyonce

I know Bey is not for everyone (surprisingly not everyone bows down to the queen) but I think we can all agree that girls run the world and the future is 150% FEMALE.

3. “Confident” -Demi Lovato

To all my lady bosses out there, there is NOTHING wrong with being confident. Knowing what you want, being confident enough to voice your opinions makes you a confident boss and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise. #LadyBoss

4. “Most Girls” -Hailee Steinfeld

Most girls are strong, smart, beautiful, and unstoppable so no wonder this is a whole song about being like most girls. Girls should feel comfortable in their own skin because the body you are in is perfect and no two girls are the same and that is what makes us unique and so great.

5. “You Don’t Own Me” – Lesley Gore or Grace and G-Eazy

We don’t tell men what to say, so they should not tell us what to do. This song is a classic released in 1963 that was used in movies like “The First Wives Club”that has made a comeback recently because of the remake that came out in 2016 by Grace and G-Eazy. It also makes an appearance on the Suicide Squad album.

6. “Wings” -Little Mix

These wings are made to fly, not to go to waste. “Don’t let what they say keep you up at night and if they give you shhhh…Then they can walk on by.” Little Mix did not make a super big mark in the United States but this is one of their songs that at least stuck for me and never fails to cheer me up and help me realize “these wings are made to fly.”

7. “Who Says” -Selena Gomez

A nice little throwback to 2011 Selena Gomez and it’s still a jam. Selena is still making music today and it is all great but this will always be one of my favorites because it makes me feel strong and beautiful.

8. “Rise Up” -Andra Day

“All we need, all we need is hope. And for that we have each other. We will rise”

“Rise like the waves. We’ll rise up. In spite of the ache. We’ll rise up. And we’ll do it a thousands times again”

Here is the playlist for when you are feeling down, up or just want to be reminded that you are strong, powerful, important, beautiful and smart. #GirlPower

Just remember to be confident and listen to Michael Scott…

Danielle Kash

Adelphi '20

Hello there! I am Danielle Kash. I am a Business Management Major at Adelphi. I love to travel, cooking and LOVE to watch movies! Hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoy writing them!