This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.
Q: What’s your year and major?
A: I am a Junior History major in the STEP program for adolescent education. 

Q: What activities are you involved in school and outside school?
A: On campus I’m a member (and former treasurer) of the Fencing Club, as well as a member of the Future Teachers Association and CALIBER. Off campus I’m either working or spending time with my little brothers, who more or less mean the world to me. 

Q: What are your hobbies?
A: I’m an avid reader, I write on occasion, and I’m really into sports, watching or playing. I jog a lot as well. I also really enjoy playing chess, even though I’m not very good at all.

Q: what are your favorite foods?
A: Pizza, hot wings, kebabs, that sort of thing.

Q: What do you wish to do when you graduate? (What are your goals)
A: Due to the fact that I’m in STEP, I’ll be getting my Masters in education in a year after I graduate. From there I’d love to start teaching high school history. Eventually though, the goal is to get my masters and PhD in history and teach at university. 

Q: Do you have any role models?
A: My mother obviously had a huge impact on my life. Also, my Uncle played a very large role in shaping who I am today. I constantly strive to emulate their work ethic, manners, and general demeanor everyday. 

Q: What do you look for in a partner?
A: I enjoy witty banter, a healthy dose of sarcasm, and someone who isn’t afraid to share their opinions. Also, someone who’s really easy going. I think that communication is huge in a relationship, so there would obviously have to be a willingness to speak ones mind as well.   

Q: What would be the perfect date?
A: Wow, that’s a tough one. I really don’t think  it takes much to make a perfect date, but I guess I’d have to say dinner in a really cute, small place, probably in the city, with a ton of talking, about everything and anything. I imagine that I wouldn’t be able to stop smiling because I’m enjoying myself so much, and I’d hope that my date would be as well. 

Q: Single or taken?
A: I am currently single.
Hi I'm Liz!! I'm currently a sophomore at Adelphi University and I study communications. I strive to become a journalist or a news reporter someday. Besides being a contributor for HerCampus and studying communications, I have a passion for martial arts and criminal justice. I also love babysitting so I obviously love kids and something I may also do is become a teacher. One fun fact about me is that  I have been studying Ju Jitsu for the past 12 or 13 years and I am currently a second degree brown belt.