Claudio Ventura ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Q: What year and major are you?

A: I am a Junior accounting major and going for my MBA and CPA

Q: What activities do you participate in?

A: I am currently an RA in Linen, and the President of the Finance Society. I was also in CALIBER and SGA for 2 years. I also enjoy playing intramural soccer and volleyball.

Q: Do you have any hobbies?

A: I love mountain biking, playing soccer on the weekend, and anything cars and motorcycles. I am doing a motorcycle racing school this summer.

Q: . Favorite food?

A: SHRIMP! Without a doubt.

Q: Goals/Aspirations?

A: My goals are to start my own business or run a business, own commercial and residential real estate and hopefully be fortunate enough to retire my parents since they works 6 days a week with no vacations to help me pay for college. I also hope to either volunteer on the weekends like at a homeless shelter or soup kitchen or start my own foundation.

Q: Role Model?

A: My role model is my mom for sure. She has taught me everything I know and pushed me every day. My parents had to drop out of school to help their parents pay for living expenses in Portugal. I am a first generation college student and want to be able to one day repay the favor to my parents, especially my mom.

Q: Favorite place at Adelphi?

A: My favorite place might be the Underground. I like to get some coffee and just hangout with friends. I also enjoy just walking around campus, especially now that the weather is warmer.

Q: Idea of a perfect date?

A: Perfect date would be warm, beachy or foresty, over looking the water on top of a cliff with my girlfriend, Melissa. Of course lots and lots of ice cream and sweets!

Hi I'm Liz!! I'm currently a sophomore at Adelphi University and I study communications. I strive to become a journalist or a news reporter someday. Besides being a contributor for HerCampus and studying communications, I have a passion for martial arts and criminal justice. I also love babysitting so I obviously love kids and something I may also do is become a teacher. One fun fact about me is that  I have been studying Ju Jitsu for the past 12 or 13 years and I am currently a second degree brown belt.