C.J. Thompson ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Q: What year and major are you?

A: I’m a junior and I’m a health and physical education major.

Q: What activities do you participate in?

A: On campus, I am vice president of spanish club and I’m apart of the Levermore Global Scholars Program. Off campus, I’m a wrestling coach, as well as being apart of the New York State Board of PTAs. 

Q: Do you have any hobbies?

A: My hobbies consist of sports. I wrestle and coach, I just love helping kids reach their full potential. A werid hobby I have is being a volunteer for National Weather Service, which requires me going to into storms and informing the National Weather Service of what’s going on. This allows people to know whats going on, as well, ahead of time. 

Q: What’s your favorite food?

A: Pizza!

Q: What are some goal/aspirations you have?

A: My life plan is to be a physical education teacher but by age 25, I want to run for congress. In my disctrict, I feel like I have a good shot and that why I would want to run for congress or even the house of representatives. I also would want to eventually become an athletic director for a school district. 

Q: Do you have any role models?

A: One major role model I have is my elementary school gym teacher. Growing up, I had some rough times. Because I didn’t really have a father in my life, my gym teacher took over with that fatherly figure. He put me in the right track and he’s the reason I want to do what I want to do today. Another role I have is at Adelphi and that would be Doctor Thornberg. He’s just an inspiration. Everything he does just shines and makes us all want to be better people. 

Q: What’s your favorite place at Adelphi?

A: The Levermore Global Scholars Lounge! But my ultimate favorite spot has to be right in front of the University Center. I sit there alot, especially during the spring and nice weather, and do my homework. It’s really nice watching all the nature around me, as well. It’s nice to reflect and sit back. It’s also a good place to meet people, because they are always walking by and saying hello. 

Q: What’s your idea of a perfect date?

A: I would like to start off the date talking and doing something random like taking a walk. Then I would take her to go out to either lunch or dinner. I wouldnt go anywhere too expensive, because it takes away from the date and being comfortable. I would like to then go down to the beach in my town and there’s always music playing, which make it very romantic. I would finish the date laying down and looking up at the stars. 

Hi I'm Liz!! I'm currently a sophomore at Adelphi University and I study communications. I strive to become a journalist or a news reporter someday. Besides being a contributor for HerCampus and studying communications, I have a passion for martial arts and criminal justice. I also love babysitting so I obviously love kids and something I may also do is become a teacher. One fun fact about me is that  I have been studying Ju Jitsu for the past 12 or 13 years and I am currently a second degree brown belt.