This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

The holidays are finally here! There are twinkly lights everywhere and Christmas music fills the stores as people do their holiday shopping.  New York City is one of the must-see places during the holidays.  Lucky for us Adelphi Panthers, the city is just a train ride away! Don’t know what to do when you get to the city? Keep on reading!

1. The Christmas Tree at Rockefeller Center

This is a total must during the holidays! If you’re in the city, you have to go see the tree. Every year tourists from around the world come to see the giant tree at Rockefeller Center. If you’re feeling super Christmas-y why not go see the tree lighting? It might’ve passed already this year, but there’s always next time!

2. Radio City Christmas Spectacular

If you have a little time on your hands while walking around the city, definitely go watch the Radio City Christmas Spectacular! It’s a great show with cool effects, plus you don’t wanna miss a chance to see the iconic Rockettes! That kickline can make anyone jealous

3. Giant Red Ornaments

After you finish watching the Christmas Spectacular, you can go look at the giant red ornaments! These red ornaments are a classic every year, and people eagerly wait for December to see these giant decorations.  It’s right in front of Radio City Music Hall, so whether you just got out of the show or just walking around, this is the perfect place to get some great pictures!

4. Ice Skating in Central Park

Another fun activity to do in the city is ice skating. Wollman Rink in Central Park is one of the most known places to go ice skating in the city.  Here’s a tip: go when there’s snow on the ground! Sure it’ll be even colder, but you’ll feel like you’re ice skating in a winter wonderland!

5. The Ball Drop

Bring in the New Year in the best way possible; by watching the ball drop! The grand event that brings the holidays to a close.  Going to the city and watching the ball drop is probably on a lot of people’s bucket list! Yeah it’s freezing and crowded, but that will make for some funny stories.  

There you have it, collegiettes! Five fun activities to do in NYC during the holidays. For my fellow panthers, make sure to take advantage of how close you are to the beauty that is New York City!