Caterina Russo ’17

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Q: What is your year and major?

A: I am currently a super-sophomore and I am a double major: Translation Studies and English: Creative Writing.

Q: What activities do you participate in?

A: I am a member of the Student Activities Board (SAB) and I am a member of the AU Symphony Orchestra as a violinist.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: I have many hobbies – I like to read, sing, go to the gym, play soccer (whenever I am not swamped with homework and going to work)… I also like to go to the movies!

Caterina has an amazing voice! She loves books…another reason why we met in the library for her interview! She always knows about the new movies that come out in theatres!

Q:What is your favorite place at Adelphi University?

A: My favorite place at Adelphi would have to be the library because it’s a place where I can write and also concentrate on doing my work while seeing most of my friends.  And you can eat at the tables on the first floor.

Q: Do you have any advice for incoming freshmen?

A: Stay in school, kids.  Enjoy college while it lasts, but make sure you’re serious in everything you do. And just be yourself.  Everyone will love you for being you.

Q: What are your goals after you graduate?

A: I have three main goals to succeed after I graduate. I want to travel the world, become a writer, and marry my middle school sweetheart (liked each other in eighth grade, made it official senior year).

Caterina is a talented and interesting young woman! She has a list of places she wants to visit and I know she will make sure she visits each one of them!!

Q: Do you have any role models?

A:My mom.  She is one strong woman and she taught me everything I know.

Q: Do you have any favorite quotes?

A: “Every morning, we get a chance to be different.  A chance to change.  A chance to be better.  Your past is your past.  Leave it there.  Get on with the future part.”

Hi I'm Liz!! I'm currently a sophomore at Adelphi University and I study communications. I strive to become a journalist or a news reporter someday. Besides being a contributor for HerCampus and studying communications, I have a passion for martial arts and criminal justice. I also love babysitting so I obviously love kids and something I may also do is become a teacher. One fun fact about me is that  I have been studying Ju Jitsu for the past 12 or 13 years and I am currently a second degree brown belt.