Ana Maldonado ’16

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Q: What’s your year and major?

A: 2016, English & Communications

Q: What activities are you involved in school and outside school?

A: I was in the AU Hip hop Team, Evolution.

Q: What are your hobbies?

A: I love to do arts and crafts. Anything creative really.

FUN FACT: I love coconut ice cream.

Q: What do you love about Adelphi?

A: I love the feeling of community and how accessible the Professors are (at least the ones I have encountered).

Q: What do you wish to do when you graduate? (What are your goals)

A: I want to be a screenwriter and filmmaker.

Q: Do you have any role models?

A: My parents are my role models. I know there’s plenty of people in the media that have changed the world in some way, but I feel my parents have shown me the kind of person I want to be.

FUN FACT: I am half french and half mexican.

Q: What’s your favorite place at Adelphi?

A: There’s this one comfy couch in the Underground that I will actually miss when I graduate.

Q: What advice would you give to incoming freshman?

A: Have fun without forgetting that you’re in school. Meet as many people as possible because you actually learn about yourself when you interact with others.

Q: What is your favorite memory at Adelphi?

A: “Family Dinner Time” with my friends. I made a group of friends my freshman year and every semester after that we made it a point to make time to hang out.

Q: What do you think is most important in order to have a great college experience?

A: Knowing how to stay positive and being determined. Rough times will hit you unexpectedly but you have to be able to take the blows and just keep going.

FUN FACT: I am always craving chocolate.

Q: What do you look for in a partner?

A: Too many things. The main things however are: Dedication, humor, and understanding. These are vital because without dedication, one can not move forward. Without humor, life is just bland, and without understanding there will never be compromise or growth in a relationship.

Q: What would be the perfect date?

A: Anything that involves food. If my tummy is happy, I am happy.

Q: Single or taken?

A: Single!

Hi I'm Liz!! I'm currently a sophomore at Adelphi University and I study communications. I strive to become a journalist or a news reporter someday. Besides being a contributor for HerCampus and studying communications, I have a passion for martial arts and criminal justice. I also love babysitting so I obviously love kids and something I may also do is become a teacher. One fun fact about me is that  I have been studying Ju Jitsu for the past 12 or 13 years and I am currently a second degree brown belt.