6 Things to Always be Grateful For

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.
As we get closer to Winter and Daylight Savings kicks in, we tend to get a little darker and gloomier. We let the weather get the best of us. It’s really hard to stay positive. Thanksgiving, however, reminds us that there are plenty of things we have to be grateful for:

1. Family- Not everyone has the opportunity to go home every weekend and see their family so Thanksgiving break is a great time to go home and visit. Especially in this day and age we are lucky to be able to stay in touch, even if we are for away.
2. Friends- college friends are important because when your family isn’t there, they will be there for you. They will always have your back and your college friends will be the ones who stick with you longer.
3. Freedom- for a lot of us, college is our first time away from home. Being away from everything gives us a lot of opportunities to take advantage of our freedom and make our own schedule.
4. College- attending Adelphi, we all are lucky enough to be able to further our education in college. Not everyone has the ability to study at a university so it is something we should be grateful for.
5. Age- we are at a perfect balance between a teenager and an adult which can be stressful, but is also a perfect time. We can still do tons of fun things and be responsible for ourselves at the same time
6. Be yourself!- college is a great place to reinvent yourself or be able to be all of yourself for the first time without the clique-y nature of high school. We have tons of opportunities to do the things that make us happy and love our lives to the fullest.

We all have lots to be thankful for this holiday and remember throughout the year! We all are still young and healthy and should take advantage of the great time in our life with out friends and family.
Freshman acting major at Adelphi University :)
Adelphi Campus Correspondent. Natalie is a sophomore at Adelphi University where she studies Acting and English passionately. In between her studies, she enjoys jam-packing her schedule through writing for contentBase.co, holding a chair position on the Student Activities Board and shining on the stage in school productions. She loves cats, coffee, fashion and music almost as much as she does writing. Her goal as a journalist is to inspire as many ambitious, young people, like herself, to make the most of their lives as possible.