10 Movie Releases To Look Forward To

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Adelphi chapter.

Going to the movies is always a blast and seeing a killer movie is what really makes it great. There are so many awesome movies coming out over the next few months, and I know I can’t wait to see them all!

1.Justice League

Release Date: November 17, 2017

Rating: PG-13

Just Jason Momoa alone is enough reason for me to go see Justice League, but in case you need more persuading, just take a look at the amazing cast! You have Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman (who slays in her own Wonder Woman movie in case you missed it), Ben Affleck and Henry Cavill as Batman and Superman as well as Ezra Miller as The Flash and Ray Fisher as Cyborg! Who wouldn’t want to see the latest addition to the DC Comics movie family!

2. Wonder

Release Date: November 17, 2017

Rating: PG

Based on a New York Times bestseller, this adorable story is about a boy who has had multiple surgeries that help him breathe, see and hear. The little boy, August, played by Jacob Tremblay, has some facial differences and is starting public school with the help of his parents, played by Julia Roberts and Owen Wilson.

3. Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Release Date: December 15, 2017

Rating: PG-13

Ladies and Gentleman, I don’t know about you, but this is what I have been waiting for all year (since the last Star Wars Movie came out). What is a better Christmas gift then Star Wars?! Packed with the wonderful original characters and cool new additions! May the force be with you.

4. Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle

Release Date: December 20, 2017

Rating: PG-13

A different take on the 1995 Jumanji movie with Robin Williams and Kirsten Dunst, Jumanji’s latest victims are four teenagers who get sucked into the game and transform into the characters they picked. With The Rock, Kevin Hart and Jack Black, this movie is bound to be interesting!

5. The Greatest Showman

Release Date: December 20, 2018

Rating: PG

Hugh Jackman and Zac Efron in one movie?! *swoons* I’m getting my tickets right now! The story inspired by the imagination of P.T. Barnum, The Greatest Showman is an original musical. Starring Hugh Jackman as P.T. Barnum, Zac Efron, Zendaya, Rebecca Ferguson and Michelle Williams.

6. Pitch Perfect 3

Release Date: December 22, 2017

Rating: PG-13

Hey pitches, who has been waiting for another Pitch Perfect Movie? Your wish has come true! The third film in this series is heading to a theater near you next month! Are you ready for Fat Amy, Beca, Chloe and Lilly? To make this even better, jaw-dropper, Ruby Rose will be joining the cast as Calamity! Get your acca-tickets soon!

7. Insidious: The Last Key

Release Date: January 5, 2018

Rating: PG-13

Are you feeling that spooky spirit year round? Well then add this a must-see movie in the new year! Another movie to add on to the monster hit Insidious series. More monsters and problems approach, but will they win this time?

8. Maze Runner: The Death Cure

Release Date: January 26, 2018

Rating: N/A

Dylan O’Brien is looking handsome as ever in another Maze Runner film. In Maze Runner: The Death Cure, the characters are working to find a cure for the deadly disease known as the “flare”. They are bound to face more monsters and antagonists once again but the question is, will they find the cure before it’s too late?

9.  Fifty Shades Freed

Release Date: February 9, 2018

Rating: R

Another delicious, steamy, romantic addition to wrap up the Fifty Shades Series. Will Anastasia accept Christian’s proposal? Will she deny him? We are on the edge of our seats waiting to find out what will happen!

10. Black Panther

Release Date: February 16, 2018

Rating: N/A

Marvel is killing me with the trailers! I can not wait to see this soon-to-be latest Marvel hit! But unfortunately, we have to wait a little while. But it gives us something to look forward to once the new year begins!

I need to make some room in my schedule to see all of these new movies! These all look too good to miss! Dreamy guys, spooky spirits, rocking heroes, wonderful romance and overall stunning movies.

Danielle Kash

Adelphi '20

Hello there! I am Danielle Kash. I am a Business Management Major at Adelphi. I love to travel, cooking and LOVE to watch movies! Hope you enjoy my articles as much as I enjoy writing them!