In college, we’re always thinking about our next move – whether it’s our plans for this weekend, what classes we want to take next semester or what we want to do with our lives after graduation (eek!). Chances are you’ve got an agenda for your future, even if you don’t like to admit it: a mental checklist of things that could help you live the life you want five or 10 years down the line. But we bet you haven’t thought of this major career-building opportunity, so take notes: Join an honor society!
Okay, so we get that hearing “honor society” might bring you back to your high school days. But trust us; joining an honor society in college can be your ticket to your brightest future. Check out the facts:By being a part of an honor society, a student opens the door to academic scholarships!
- Students that associate themselves with honor societies are able to network with students who have similar academic values as them. This creates a strong academic community and students are able to motivate and encourage each other.
- When a potential employer sees that a student is associated with an honor society, he or she knows that this student excelled at the university level and will trust that upon hiring, the student will continue to excel. The same goes for grad schools!
- Alumni networking opportunities make the chances of getting hired straight out of college much higher.
- Honor society members are able to find mentors to write recommendation letters and network to find the job that’s best for them.
Basically, if you’re looking for the fast track to a bright future, formalize all your hard work and show off your talents by joining an honor society, stat. Not sure where to start? Our favorite is HonorSociety.org, the preeminent organization dedicated to the recognition of student success and to empowering students to achieve. Check out some of its stellar membership benefits:
- There are thousands of dollars in scholarships distributed by HonorSociety.org each month.
- HonorSociety.org members attend universities throughout the entire country and include alumni across the United States and abroad. This means that members have increased networking opportunities.
- HonorSociety.org members have more leadership opportunities. By starting an HonorSociety.org chapter on their campus, they gain real-life work skills in marketing and communications. Check out the top three reasons why your campus needs an HonorSociety.org chapter (and why you should be its founder!).
- Twice a year, HonorSociety.org students have the opportunity to meet with their fellow members from universities across the country! Trip destinations include Washington, D.C. over the summer break and Los Angeles during winter break.
Between your late-night study sessions and your stellar extracurricular involvement, we know you’re not leaving your future to chance. So why not make yourself shine that much brighter? Trust us, when it comes time to apply to grad schools or job hunt, you’ll want this career-builder on your resume! Become an honor society member now to seal the deal on your success!