Sick of the dining halls but lacking a full-size kitchen? Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered! Here are seven simple yet delicious recipes you can make right in your dorm room.
For a delicious snack or dessert, these microwaved cinnamon apples are perfect.
- 1.5 apples
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- Cube apples and place them in a mug
- Cube butter and add it in with the apples
- Microwave on high for two minutes
- Remove the mug and stir the mixture
- Mix sugar and cinnamon
- Sprinkle the mixture over the apples
- Stir the mixture
- Microwave for two more minutes
For a delicious treat without the hassle, try this Rice Krispie treat in a mug!
- 1/2 tablespoon butter
- 4 large marshmallows
- 1 cup Rice Krispies
- Melt butter in a mug
- Add marshmallows and microwave for 20 seconds
- Stir the mixture together until smooth
- Add Rice Krispies and mix together
- Eat warm or refrigerate to harden the mixture
Out of Easy Mac? No worries—this is even better!
- 1/3 cup pasta
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/4 cup 1% milk
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine pasta and water in large mug
- Microwave on high for two minutes and stir
- Repeat this for two to four minutes, stirring every two minutes
- Remove mixture and stir in milk and cheese
- Microwave for one more minute
- Stir and enjoy!
Who knew you could make a delicious quiche in just one minute?
- 1 large egg
- 4 grape tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon melted butter
- 1/8 cup bread
- pinch of salt
- pinch of pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole milk or half and half
- 1 tablespoon grated cheese (of your choice)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh herbs (scallions, etc.)
- Cut grape tomatoes in half
- Tear fresh bread into dime-size pieces and pack it into 1/8 cup
- Crack egg in deep (but not wide) mug and add milk
- Add melted butter, salt and pepper
- Whisk mixture
- Add cheese, tomatoes, fresh herbs and bread (you don’t have to mix these in)
- Microwave on high for one minute
- Garnish with fresh herbs and enjoy!
Have a delicious breakfast in minutes—without needing a stove!
- 1.5 pieces of bread
- 1 egg
- pat of butter
- 3 tablespoons milk
- sprinkle of cinnamon
- drop of vanilla extract (optional)
- Cube bread
- Melt butter in large mug
- Place bread in mug and push down
- In separate cup, crack egg
- Add milk, cinnamon and vanilla (if desired)
- Mix together and add to mug with bread
- Allow the liquid to soak down into bread
- Microwave for one to one and a half minutes
- Add syrup and enjoy!
Missing mom’s meat loaf? This is the next best thing.
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking oats
- 1 teaspoon onion soup mix
- 1/4 pound lean ground beef
- In a small bowl, combine milk, ketchup, oats and soup mix
- Crumble beef over mixture and mix well
- Pat into a mug coated with cooking spray
- Cover and microwave on high for three minutes or until meat is no longer pink
- Let cool for three minutes and enjoy!
Try this delicious banana bread for one!
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 packet sweetener
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 1/4 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon lowfat milk
- half a banana, mashed
- sprinkle of cinnamon (optional)
- Mist large mug with non-stick spray
- Blend flour, sugars, salt, baking powder and baking soda in mug
- Add egg and mix until blended
- Stir in vanilla, oil and milk, then mashed banana
- Microwave one and a half to three minutes, until it’s no longer runny
- Sprinkle with cinnamon (if desired) and enjoy!
Next time you’re feeling adventurous but don’t want to leave your dorm room, try one of these awesome recipes—you won’t be disappointed!