We Jewish girls are pretty proud of our religion and culture, whether it’s our love of challah or our obsession with NJBs. Though everyone’s beliefs vary, I came up with a list of experiences every Jewish girl in the friend group will totally understand. Accurate? So accurate.
1. You get all the Jewish jokes on television
Whether it’s The West Wing, Seinfeld or Friends, you have to explain all the Jewish jokes to your friends.
2. You have a deep, deep love for Andy Samberg, Dave Franco, Zac Efron and Drake
Uhh they’re the hottest Jews.
3. You partake in a sort of cultural exchange every December
Hannukah tree, anyone?
4. Growing up you had to “teach” your friends about Jewish holidays
Just over here being the token Jew 5ever.
5. People ask where you go on Friday nights
Where do you think? ;)
6. You bring your friends to Shabbat dinners on Friday and they’re like
They love you for it.
7. And you introduce them to the magic that is challah
Fresh from the oven, of course.
8. That face you make when your friends ask you why you have so many holidays
Because we like to celebrate?
9. Your friends look to you for answers about all Jewish things
Um I’m actually not an expert on Israel.
10. You probably have an unheard of medical condition
Idk, stomach probz are like a thing.
11. The Jewish community connections run deep
“Oh yeah, he’s a woman at my temple’s hairdresser’s cousin.”
12. You get those Jewish mother jokes
Howard’s mother on The Big Bang Theory being a prime example—her brisket is to die for.
13. You know all the NJBs on campus
Gotta find a nice Jewish boy.
14. And you are probably the matchmaker of the friend group
I’ll set you up with an NJB if it’s the last thing I do.
15. Your friends get annoyed when you watch a movie and you’re just like, “He’s Jewish!”
16. You’ve taught everyone some Hebrew slang
“Baruch hashem” meaning “Thank you, God.”
17. You always provide the BEST snacks
Hummus and falafel all the way.
18. You call them out when they say something offensive
Nazis aren’t a joke. Period.
19. Your friends are jealous you get to go on Birthright
Yeah, a free trip to Israel is pretty cool.
20. You are the bargain hunter of your friend group
The clearance rack is where it’s at.
21. You either love or hate the Bar Mitzvah Boy on SNL
22. People assume your relatives are lawyers
23. You try not to get tempted when everyone else eats pizza during Passover
Actually matzah is pretty delish, too.
24. Your friends always ogle over your curly hair
Sometimes it’s a huge pain. Sometimes it’s really cute.
25. You totally love your fellow Jews
And the goys, too.