Don’t you just love Monday mornings? I especially love them when my classes get canceled! Since today marks the start of week three of this incredible fitness challenge, I wanted to check in with you all and give you some pointers!
Have you scheduled your workouts for this week? I plan to workout tonight, Wednesday, and Friday morning!
This week I’m focusing on toning up & eating better! I plan to incorporate weights into my exercises and using my body weight for core conditioning. I recommend starting out with 3 lb weights and then as the week goes on challenge yourself to heavier weights such as 5 lbs or 10 lbs.
Some of my favorite strength moves are:
- Planks– Lie down on the ground and push yourself up onto your forearms and toes. Hold your abs in as you lift up and hold the positiong for at least thirty seconds. It can be hard at first to control your weight but it’s a great core workout!
- Bicep Curls and Lunges- Separately these exercises help to tone your body, but together they can be a dynamic duo and will accelerate fat burn! Do multiple reps for extra toning!
- Squats– Great for you butt and if you do them on a regular basis you will see a difference!
As for eating better, I have a confession. This past week wasn’t the greatest for me because I indulged far too much in fast food. I love healthy food as well but there’s something about fried chicken and pizza that drives me crazy! Instead of dwelling too hard on it, I’ve come up with a way to substitute it for healther options.
I love chicken wraps so instead of buying them from a fast food place, I went to the supermarket and bought ingredients to make them at home. Below is my recipe:
Baked Chicken Wraps:
- Wheat Tortillas
- Mozzarella Cheese Shredded- a handful
- Baked Chicken Strips (1 per each wrap)
- Favorite dipping sauce-Ranch!
I love pizza but I don’t love the filling calories! I recently bought a 200 calorie healthy pizza from the supermarket and made it at home. Delicious! Another option is to make the pizza at home yourself:
English Muffin Pizzas:
- English Muffins
- Olive Oil
- Mozzarella Cheese or Cheddar Cheese
- Pizza Sauce
- Spices for extra flavoring
With both recipes all you do is pop them in the oven (the chicken & pizza) and let them bake until golden brown.
photo credit: wraps:
This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% our own.