Want to know what’s going through the HC team’s head? Check in here every other week to see what the HC Team has to say about seasons, trends, news, etc.
This week we’re talking about how excited we are to start a new semester! Summer’s great, but nothing compares to college, right?
So…tell us…what are you most looking forward to about returning to school?
My friends. It’s a cliché answer, but it’s true—the people that I’ve met over my last three years at Vassar are the biggest reason I have enjoyed my time in college. I’m excited that this year I will be living in a senior housing community where the majority of my 2011ers reside, and I can’t wait for the first parties we throw, or for the start of my senior seminars. I’m looking forward to soaking up these last college days before they’re all gone.
- Zachary Wasser, Real Live College Guy, Vassar College
Learning more about what I love! That’s a great way to tell if you’re in the right major.
- Carlene Helble, Contributing Writer, James Madison University
I’m looking forward to getting the first issue of Her Campus Columbia up and posted for all women on our campus! I know this year is going to rock! :)
- Lealeah Livingston, Campus Correspondent, Columbia College
Not having to cook for myself anymore!
- Annie Wang, Co-founder, CTO, and Creative Director, Harvard University
Seeing all of my sisters after such a long summer and living off-campus for the first time in a gorgeous lake house!
- Amanda Grewer, Campus Correspondent, University of Connecticut
Well, this is the first year where I feel like I actually know what I’m stepping into when I get on campus, so I’m looking forward to taking advantage of all the opportunities I never have in the past. Also I bought so many cute clothes and shoes this summer that weren’t exactly office wear, so I’m so excited to finally have somewhere to wear them.
- Keara Cormier-Hill, Global Expansion Associate, Harvard University
I am so excited for my media and computer graphics courses, as well as my internship at O, The Oprah Magazine! Not to mention breaking out the fall wardrobe and seeing all of my friends on campus again.
– Gennifer Delman, Contributing Writer, Hofstra University
I’m definitely looking forward to catching up with my college friends, going to events, and living for the first time in an apartment!
- Mai Koythong, Design Associate, University of Texas at Austin
It sounds cliché, but I am most looking forward to the freedom. I’m so excited to be free to set my own hours, to be able to walk everywhere I need to go and to have my friends a door or two away. I come from a strict family, so the ability to make my own decisions is wonderful!
- Jen Kach, Campus Correspondent, Penn State
The delicious food- seriously! Bowdoin dining was ranked number 1 this year by the Princeton Review!
- Quinn Cohane, Digital Media Associate, Bowdoin College
My new position as Assistant Campus Editor of Columbia’s newspaper, The Chronicle. As well as beginning courses for my concentration in magazine journalism, and most importantly the launch of Columbia’s Her Campus branch!
- Shardae D. Smith, Campus Correspondent, Columbia College
That would most definitely be school supply shopping. Something about the bright aisles of binders, notebooks, and highlighters gets me inexplicably giddy.
- Sarah Weinberg, Contributing Writer, San Diego State University
I cannot wait to see all of my friends and my boyfriend! I love being on campus and running into everyone that I know!
– Katherine Covino, Business Intern, The College of William & Mary
Meeting new people, expanding Her Campus, and gaining another year of wisdom!
- Bernice Chuang, Campus Correspondent, University of Texas at Austin
I’m most looking forward to seeing good friends, bleeding black and gold this football season and visiting Shakespeare’s, a local close-to-campus pizza joint!
- Kelsey Mirando, Campus Correspondent, University of Missouri
Nothing beats Hokie football! I am so emotionally attached to our team; it’s not even funny.
- Molly Binion, Campus Correspondent, Virginia Tech
What are YOU most looking forward to about going back or being back at school? Let us know below!