Who doesn’t love a good Christmas movie during the holiday season? We’ve got the classics, like Home Alone, The Holiday and White Christmas. But then there’s the Hallmark Channel. For those of us who love a mushy, lovey-dovey Christmas movie, Hallmark is the perfect place to go from the beginning of November all the way through January. Too bad those romantic Hallmark Christmas movies can give us unrealistic expectations for our own love lives.
1. If you have a regret and make a wish to go back, that wish will come true.
2. But once you realize how great your life already was, you’ll be able to go back to your real life.
3. That cute guy who you meet at the airport or on the plane…
4. Or who hires you to do his Christmas shopping…
5. Or who greets you in the town you’re visiting…
6. Or who you bump into at the Christmas tree lot…
7. Or pretend to be dating or engaged or married to…
8. Will end up being the love of your life.
9. Or the guy you’re already dating will turn out to be a prince, obviously.
10. Even though you only met sometime at the beginning of December, you’ll know by Christmas that you’re in love.
11. You might even get engaged!
12. Or married!
13. A Christmas wish will land you the perfect guy.
14. And that guy you end up with will be absolutely perfect.
Seriously—he’s gorgeous and doesn’t seem to have any flaws.
15. Santa is a great matchmaker.
Tell him all of your wishes, especially if they’re about love.
There’s nothing wrong with getting caught up in the romance of Hallmark Christmas movies. It’s the perfect way to end a long day of studying for finals or Christmas shopping. Sometimes it’s just important to remember that love isn’t so perfect, but that’s what makes it even better. Happy Hallmark holidays, collegiettes!