Cher and Dionne were the greatest on-screen BFFs, but there are so many other amazing relationships in Clueless—from style guru Christian to ex-stepbrother/romantic interest Josh. Here are 11 friendship lessons we can learn from these amazing characters.
1. They spare each other’s feelings
Because being called “a virgin who can’t drive” was way harsh.
2. They like to sing their friendship
Even though Elton was the worst.
3. They always have the best advice
That totally would have worked on anyone else.
4. They know the true meaning of friendship
Having lots in common is key.
5. They’ve mastered bonding activities
And just look how excited they are about it.
6. They take secret handshakes VERY seriously
That hairflip, though.
7. They argue like this:
Best line ever.
8. They’re not above a little gossip
Or, as we like to put it, constructive criticism.
9. They’re not afraid to call each other out
Even when they totally paused.
10. They’re super inclusive
11. They know how to make each other feel better
Because we all want to fall in love with our best friend (though maybe our ex-stepbrother).