Why Pillow Pets make the BEST pets

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

I have never had a pet. My mom is allergic to pretty much any pet I could ever want including but not limited to cats, dogs and feathers. Ok so I have had a fish. Two to be accurate and both were named bubbles. But, in my opinion fish don’t really fit the description of a pet. In my eyes you should be able to interact, cuddle and be comforted by your pet. They are your companion or to some people I know “their best friend.” I have never truly had the opportunity to experience this and have always said when I get older I am going to get a long haired Dashshund (wiener dog ;) the first chance I get.

However, what I have begun to realize is that I do have a pet in a way….10 to be specific. They are cuddable, comforting, playful and never leave your side….AND they are multipurpose! In case you haven’t caught on I am talking about the oh so wonderful pillow pets! I got my first pillow pet in 6th grade and it was a short necked giraffe (I guess long necked would be impractical). I always loved him but it wasn’t until I went to college and brought him along that I decided to officially name him noodles. Then came meese, a little pillow pet moose I saw in the store around christmas time and so the addiction started. I have now expanded my pillow pet family to a parrot (Parri), bee (benny), penguin (peggy), unicorn (sugar), cow (millie), pig (bubble gum), and hippo (holly). In case you were keeping count the 10th and final (for now) is Olaf.

The best part about pillow pets is that not only are they comforting (and a pillow) they require no additional care unlike real pets. No walks, food, expenses or additional free time required to “own” one. Also, the animals you can own are endless. I bet you can’t say you know someone who owns a pet unicorn (not even Agnes from despicable me). So do yourself a favor and invest in a life long pet and friend in a pillow form. I can say from experience that amazon has lots of cute options :)

Here are some pictures for proof I didn’t make this all up :)