Survivor: It’s still on and it’s still great!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

Whenever I say Survivor is my favorite show I 9/10 times get the same reaction. Survivor? Wasn’t that the one show when people are on an island? Yes, it is but it is soooo much more and believe it or not it is still on TV! The show has been airing since 2000 and is now on their 34th season! And it is just as great or maybe even better.

Basically, the show is set up where 18 or so people are sent to an island with limited belongings and are divided into tribes where they compete against each other. The losing tribe has to send someone home at tribal council until both tribes eventually merge and then it’s every man (or women) for themselves. I love the show because it essentially combines the best components of every reality TV show. There’s action, drama, competition and alliances.

This season is even better than normal because they brought back a lot of fan favorites that literally seem like they belong on an island. They play the “game” the best in every possible way and dominate their tribe mates. Two of my all time favorites are Malcom and Ozzie. They are amazing at challenges, social graces and complete mountain men…their also not bad on the eyes ☺ There is also a two time winner, Sandra! This woman has won a million dollars twice! That talks a lot of well…luck in her case. I am actually not a huge fan of her but she definitely doesn’t let anyone forget she has won twice.

I don’t want to spoil to much for this season (which is airing right now!!) but I will say I HIGHLY recommend watching it! It will be epic I can guarantee that. There is a reason the show is still airing after 17 years! It just never gets old, and the producers honestly add new twists and plots to keep it that way. It will always remain my favorite.