The Dreaded Group Project

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

By now, I’m sure we’ve all seen some version of this meme. The saddest, and funniest, part about it is that truer words have never been spoken. Group projects are the worst ideas that anyone could ever think of.

In elementary school to about mid-way of high school, group projects are great. You get to work with your friends, which means endless days of hanging out together.

Once junior year and senior year hits, hearing that you have to do a group project is the worst case scenario. And no matter what group you are in, you always get one of those annoying people:

The overachiever

The one that wants to take over

The slacker

And the one that never knows what’s going on

In college, the best thing to hear from your peers is that they dread group projects as well. To know that everyone is in the same boat gives you a feeling of peace, knowing that everyone has the same hatred of group projects as you.

To whoever first posted these words, thank you! I know when my time comes, all of the people I’ve worked with on group projects can expect a phone call from my family.

Continue to share this meme! It will never not be funny or true!

A Senior at York College of Pennsylvania, majoring in Political Science. I am a Gemini, I love the color green, reading and writing! I am so excited to be able to write for Her Campus. I hope to inspire and/or entertain all who read my articles!