This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

This week on the bachelor we had…more drama. The Bachelor franchise has never failed to make sure each week is “the most dramatic episode in history” and this week did not disappoint. This season’s rivals, Corinne and Taylor, were paired to go on the dreaded two-on-one date and if you read my last article you probably know Corinne is just plain crazy (or perhaps spirited). 

The two-on-one dates have an especially long history of being intense. Just as it sounds, on these dates 2 women will go on the date together with the bachelor which is the perfect number for there to be a lot of spectacle, awkward moments and sabotage. There’s no better TV then 2 people being pit against each other to fight for love. It also helps that the producers enjoy putting the two women that hate each other the most together on this date as an added bonus to the public’s amusement.

Other must haves on two-on-ones?

1. The 2 women being left alone to “talk out” their situation and confront each other
  2. ^ Usually results in Awkward silence
  3. Someone telling the guy what’s “wrong” with the other girl
  4. ^ Usually lies
  5. The date ending with the rejected woman stranded at the date site while the other goes off in the sunset with the man

I have seen this show far too many times and its always this classic set-up…the producers know how to make it interesting.

This week was no exception to a dramatic two-on-one date, seeing as Taylor is a 23-year-old clinical psychologist and was diagnosing Corinne’s emotional intelligence throughout the episode. Yet, there are still many past dates on previous seasons that take the top in my opinion. So, here are my top three favorite two-on-one dates

1. Olivia vs. Emily

This date took place on Ben Higgin’s season on a deserted island (so festive). Olivia was the season’s “villain” and was the contestant’s top pick to go home since she knew how to push their buttons. Olivia got the first impression rose the first night and made sure to snatch Ben whatever chance she got not “respecting” the rules the women always pretend exist. Anyways she went home and was left on said deserted island and Ben totally curve balled her when he broke up with her which I thought was harsh even for her.

1. Kelsey vs. Ashley I.

This classic two-on-one took place on Chris Soule’s, also known as “prince Farming,” season of the bachelor. Ashley I. is a Kardashian wannabe who thinks she is secretly princess jasmine and Kelsey is a widow who uses the story of how her husband dropped dead on the way to work as a way to get “ahead” in the show. However, this date ended in a twist where BOTH women were left stranded in the desert while Chris flew off alone in a helicopter. The final scene was extremely awkward as both women, who literally hate each other, tried to get as far away as possible…in the desert where there is literally no where to go.

1. Haley vs. Emily

This date also takes place on Ben Higgin’s season of the bachelor…with the same Emily mentioned above. But, as an added bonus Emily is accompanied by her identical twin Haley who is also on the show (I promise I don’t make this stuff up!).  This scenario is literally every sibling’s nightmare and I am sure it was ten times worse competing with your sister that literally looks exactly the same as you. However, for once the girls were at least both completely normal, with the exception of entering a reality show together to date the same guy. Although, I guess twins are used to sharing things? In the end Ben picks Emily, the slightly more outgoing of the two, however which one exactly that is was probably the much harder decision for Ben. 

Yep…these dates are pretty crazy and these were only a few among the craziest. Like I said the Bachelor never fails to disappoint on the drama. Happy watching! J