5 Signs That You’re Ready For Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at YCP chapter.

It’s that time of the semester when everything starts getting harder…like a lot harder. All those projects that were mentioned in the first week of the semester are coming back to haunt you and there seems to be an endless stream of assignments and very little free time in your life. There isn’t much time left of school but finals still lurking. Therefore, it’s the perfect time for break to FINALLY come. Here are some signs you are ready for break to start:

1. Sleep is a foreign word to you

All your assignments have been interfering with your sleep time…and nap times. You barely can make it through the day on your low energy levels. Not to mention that it won’t be long before you pull long late night study sessions in the library or even all-nights.

2. Your food supply levels are running dangerously low

You have managed to not go shopping for over a week but with break around the corner you are trying to make what little you have left last. Anyone have any spare swipes?

3. You have way too much laundry  

You probably have loads of laundry piling up in your room and have started to resort to sweats. But you are struggling to decide if you should bring your laundry home to your mom or actually do it yourself.

4. You lack motivation…for everything

You are trying to keep it together to finish all your assignments and exams but the struggle to get it done is real. You often find yourself wanting to binge watch Netflix or sleep instead because anything else just seems like way too much work. The gym is not even an option.  

5. You are more irritable

It has come to the point that everything starts to annoy you. Every little thing your friends and roommates do starts to really get on your nerves and there’s no reason why besides the fact you would just really, REALLY rather be home. Its time to get a break from people!…and the stress.

So I think I speak for everyone when I say break can’t come coon enough! Even though it isn’t too far away it seems like it can never be soon enough. Hang it there guys! We can make it!

Stephanie is a Senior Professional Writing major at York College of Pennsylvania. She is a York College cheerleader; so she also likes big bows, and she can not lie.