Anthony Day ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

Nickname: Dayzer

Year: 2015

College: Silliman

Major: Political Science

Hometown: Buffalo, NY

Chances are good that if you’ve been at a Yale hockey game in the past two years, you might’ve spotted our Campus Cutie, Anthony Day, skating away. And he is even more charming off the ice. Luckily, we were able to snag an entertaining interview—needless to say, I was left utterly charmed.

Fun Fact: I’m a really big golfer. I’m the only one in my family who golfs. A lot of my friends golf, and I went to the Yale golf course this summer.

Favorite…

Food: I really like sushi, maybe Chipotle… (Pauses) But sushi probably.

Favorite Party Song: “Days Don’t Fade” by Lindbergh Palace

Party Theme: Tang. I like being outside.

Team Tradition: We go to Myrtle every year.

Place on Campus: I love Old Campus. Last spring, we grilled out there for a week straight. The weather was beautiful. Old Campus is great.

How’d you get started with hockey?

I started when I was like 4 years old, it was a birthday party at a rink. That was the first time a skated. (Smiles) And, I just took off from there and I don’t remember my life without hockey…I’ve always played hockey, my whole life. I just got progressively better, the older I got, and then I ended up here.

How do you like playing at Yale?

I’m loving it! Obviously, they guys are my best friends, so to be with them everyday is great. The alumni are great, and the rink is probably one of the best rinks. It’s so unique. Our home games are the best thing. I love playing at Ingalls, and the crowd is awesome, so it’s always great to play there. We’ve done well the last couple of years, so it’s always good to be nationally ranked. And it’s a great opportunity.

You must really love playing hockey here. Do you want to go pro after Yale?

I would love to, but I definitely came here because of the education…If the opportunity arises, of course.

On a typical day at Yale, you’d be…

Usually I’d get up, go to Wall Street, get breakfast. I get a coffee, go to class, and then I’m at Ingalls from 4-7, and then hang out with the guys. Pretty boring. I spend a lot of time with the team.

What about during the weekend?

Other than playing on Fridays and Saturdays, I guess… (Pauses) I don’t know…

…at first, Anthony hesitates. But after some prodding, he opened up…

Yeah, we go to Box a lot! I’m also at the hockey house. It’s pretty standard every weekend.

How’s dating at Yale?

It’s alright, nothing really crazy.

What does this mean? I couldn’t help but ask if he’s single.

I’m single–Single as you can get, probably.

Ideal date?

I would say, something summery. Ideally, going to the beach.

Any Valentine’s Day plans?

Note: The interview was conducted right before Valentine’s day.

(Laughs) Traveling with my friends to Union. We’re going to be on the road!

Maybe some fans will give you something.

That’d be nice (Smiles)…

What’s your go-to move with a girl? I usually take them somewhere. I usually just talk.

What’s the craziest thing you’ve done for a girl?

Hmm, I don’t know. (Pauses) In the fall, this one girl fell and went to the hospital. It was late at night after Toad’s…but I went to the hospital to visit her that night.

Yale girls are the best because…

They’re definitely unique, beautiful and very smart.

Your advice for Yale girls?

Loosen up a little!