5 Apps That You Need Now

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Yale chapter.

1. Scoopshot

Local papers and companies are now using Scoopshot to get pictures of events, and will pay up to $20 per shot. They’re looking for iPhone shots of events, and will post “assignments” on Scoopshot. Check it out before you go to a big event, take pictures, submit them, and cash in.

2. Scrush

Bored of Tinder and looking for the next big thing? With Scrush you can swipe right to “scrush” someone, and swipe left if you’re not interested. It’s just like Tinder with two additions. You can swipe through students at your school and see people who are going to the same parties as you. Now you can check out the cuties before heading out!

3. Myscript Calculator

I know you’re wondering how a calculator made the list, but MyScript Calculator allows you to use your own handwriting to write math problems and gives you an answer. Not super exciting, but a lot nicer than the calculator Apple provides us with.

4. Find My iPhone

You probably already have this, but the mistake most people make is not turning on Location Services. Without that, the app is pointless. Let’s just say that we’ll all need the app at some point, whether it be after a night out or after losing your phone on Old Campus during a snowball fight. The alarm and phone locator will be your savior.

5. Poshmark

If your closet is out of date and you’re in desperate need of a new pair of shoes, Poshmark is the place to go. The app (and website) allow you to sell your closet and buy from others’. On top of that, you can attend virtual shopping parties for specific brands or styles every day. Needless to say, you can spend hours just browsing the closets of your friends and strangers.