A New Movie Trilogy from the Wizarding World

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Source

We’ve known since last year that Rowling’s book Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them would making its way to the big screen, but lately Rowling has been teasing us with mysterious tweets and tantalizing new details– and we muggles are eating up this new information from the wizarding world.

Fantastic Beasts will be a trilogy, with the first film scheduled to come out on November 18, 2016 and the subsequent films following behind in 2018 and 2020.  The screenplay will be written by Rowling herself, much to the relief of Potterheads, and will be produced by David Heyman and directed by David Yates, both of whom have worked on Potter films before. To garner excitement (as if it was necessary), Rowling tweeted this cryptic message on October 6th:

Source

Fans quickly noticed that it was an anagram, and spent the day trying to solve the riddle aided by helpful hints from Rowling herself. Finally, one fan cracked the code. 

(We really want to be Emily Strong right now.)

Rowling confirmed that the message was not part of the screenplay itself, but was the first line of the synopsis of the story (hey– we’ll take whatever she wants to give us!) 

We muggles have been living so long without any new additions to the wizarding world, we’ve almost forgotten what it was like to have something to look forward to. But this news along with the stageplay Rowling is producing about Harry’s early life has turned us back into ten-year-olds with lightning bolts sharpied on our foreheads, waiting in line at movie theaters and bookstores. 

Danielle Curtis is a Junior at Xavier University and is HCXU's Campus Correspondent. She is majoring in English with minors in media studies and writing. She loves traveling, reading, and watching videos of failed marriage proposals.