Midterms Stress as told by Cats

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

October is a wonderful time full of cool weather, falling leaves, and pumpkin spice lattes. Strolling around campus is like a perfect autumnal dream. The only thing keeping us from taking in every leaf-crunching step and cinnamon scent is the dread of approaching midterms. Just as the most wonderful time of year begins, the stress sets in.

The good news is that these cats understand your pain. If you need something sweet, fluffy, but oddly relatable to take your mind off of the midterm blues, you’ve come to the right place.

Take this cat for instance, who’s just trying to hang on to this crazy ride called college.

These two understand how hard you’re working toward that A.

Ever had a nightmare about missing your exam? These swift kitties know how you feel running into class like

Or maybe you’re super prepared like this smarty pants, who just wants to study and make it through midterms.

Sometimes you study and study, but it feels like you’re just getting nowhere…

And stressed becomes your constant state of being…

But this kitten is here to reassure you that “stressed” is “desserts” spelled backwards.

Even when times get tough, your hype man keeps you on your A-game.

Despite the obstacles…

You kept your focus…

And made it through.

Congrats on surviving midterms!

Margot Bond

Xavier '20

Margot is a senior Economics, Sustainability, and Society major with minors in Political Science and Gender and Diversity Studies from Louisville, Kentucky. In addition to writing articles for Her Campus, she is a Resident Assistant at Xavier and involved in student sustainability. She loves listening to John Mayer, watching Netflix, and doing crosswords with her boyfriend. Most importantly, she is 100% a cat person.
Lauren is a senior Marketing major, with minors in Economics and Gender & Diversity Studies at Xavier University. She calls Nashville, Tennessee home, and is the Campus Correspondent and President of HCXU. When she is not writing, she is planning events on the Student Activities Council, building her resume with her brothers in Delta Sigma Pi, or making random Spotify playlists. She is a Diet Coke enthusiast, and wishes she could spend every day hiking or playing with her dog.