Family Weekend as told by Modern Family GIFs

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

The weekend has finally arrived and whether you’re excited to be reunited with your parents or dreading it, at least you’ll get some free food out of it. Although we love our families, having yours back in your Xavier bubble might be a little hard to swallow. Here are all the awesome family moments (and the bad ones too) that are bound to happen this weekend, as told by our favorites from Modern Family.  

When your family first gets to campus: 

When they see how messy your room has become since they’ve left: 

When Dad tries to play it cool in front of your friends:

When they ask where all your textbooks are: 

When your parents suggest they take you and your roommate out to eat for dinner:

When your parents take you to restock your groceries: 

… but then they see your giant alcohol stash in the mini-fridge: 

When your family starts to get on your nerves because they’re critiquing everything you do: 

And when you admit to your mom that you’re dating someone: 

When you take your younger sibling to a party: 

When you oversleep on Sunday because you went out after your parents left for the hotel:

When your sibling gives you a very heartfelt farewell:

When you realize you’re actually going to miss your family when the weekend is over: 

GIF Sources: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13

Brittany is a senior accounting major from Saint Louis, Missouri and is a Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not organizing Her Campus Xavier, she can be found working with Tedx Xavier University or Xavier Women in Business. She  wishes she could spend all of her free time with puppies.