Campus Profile: Laila Chaoui

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Xavier chapter.

Name: Laila Chaoui

Hometown: Casablanca, Morocco

Position at Xavier: Buenger Hall Director since July 1, 2016

Alma Mater: University of Northern Florida

Degrees: Psychology major and History minor

What’s your favorite part about working at Xavier?

The students. I love the interaction that I have with Hall council and with the RAS and the general Buenger students. It’s never a dull moment in Buenger.

What’s the funniest story you have about being a Hall Director at Xavier?

I think I’ll go with a more recent one when our Hall Council president decided to hide behind my door because he wanted to scare people, and he has adopted my skeleton and renamed him from

Billy bones to Billy Mays. He insisted on bringing him program shopping with us. And that’s just the funniest thing this month.

What’s something that most people don’t know about you?

I’m a pretty open book, everyone knows that I love horror movies and I love haunted houses even though I’m terrified of everything. I love reading more than anything.  I’d rather spend 20 hours reading than being with other people sometimes. I’m introvert, so I guess that’s something surprising about me because people expect me to be an extrovert because of my job.

If you weren’t a Hall Director, what would you be?

I would want to be a barista by day and an art curator by night, or maybe flip those. I want to surround myself with coffee and art all day long.

Margot Bond

Xavier '20

Margot is a senior Economics, Sustainability, and Society major with minors in Political Science and Gender and Diversity Studies from Louisville, Kentucky. In addition to writing articles for Her Campus, she is a Resident Assistant at Xavier and involved in student sustainability. She loves listening to John Mayer, watching Netflix, and doing crosswords with her boyfriend. Most importantly, she is 100% a cat person.
Kathryn Morgan is a Senior Marketing and Public Relations student from Cleveland, Ohio and is the Campus Correspondent for Xavier University. When not working with Her Campus she spends her time with AMA@X, Xavier Women in Business and finding any puppy close by. She loves macaroons, traveling and bad dad jokes.