Top 5 Must Dos – Homecoming

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Top 4 Things To Do During Homecoming

1) Attend Founders Day

Yes, it’s long. Yes, it can be boring.

BUT, hearing the stories of those who have come before us, and how alumni are helping our school and our world, is inspiring.

This year’s speaker, Dr. John Saunders, has helped students find study abroad programs in countries all over the world. Thanks to his efforts, 13 Wesleyan students have earned Fullbright Scholarships.

Take the time to honor our founding and the alumni who continue to support the college.

2) Wear Black and Orange

There are few times full black and orange is appropriate aside from Halloween and Homecoming. Follow President Balch’s example and find your best shade of orange to accompany your classic black accessories. Take the opportunity to rock the look and show your school spirit.

3) Have a Conversation with at Least Two Alumni You Don’t Know

Alumni not only have THE best stories about the “olden days”, they also have advice on how to survive your 4 years. They love hearing about all the new additions to the school and will probably ask you 20 (or 100) questions. Bonus: making connections with Alumni can help when you are searching for jobs. Once a bobcat, always a bobcat.                

4) Take It All In

Believe it or not, your time as an undergrad at your “home among the hills” will fly by, so don’t miss your chance to participate. Sing the alma mater, go to the events, and enjoy every minute. 

5) Celebrate the 125th year of Wesleyan!

Take a special picture with John Wesley or the fountain to start the year of celebration! 

How are you ringing in Homecoming weekend? Tweet us @HerCampusWVWC

A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!