This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

“If you don’t know where you’re going, any road will get you there.”  – Lewis Carroll

HC WVWC is happily introducing our newest social media contributor, Rachel Smith! All the way from Grapevine, Texas, this junior communication major and Spanish/social justice minor can now add HC WVWC to her list of campus activities. 

Rachel is also involved in C-92 FM as a member of the Executive Board and the Alpha Sigma Phi Phoenix Court. Her future plans are to join the Peace Corps, while she will always be dreaming about traveling and being able to make a difference… or maybe just being a Chick-Fil-A taste-tester! When she isn’t busy with school or her extracurricular activities, you may find Rachel traveling, making Chick-Fil-A runs, going to the library (and still procrastinating by watching Netflix), finding animals to pet, or eating pizza. 

Q: Do you have any advice for your past self?

A: Basketball is not life, go have fun!

Q: What has been your best memory at college?

A: When I realized these are the friends I will have for the rest of my life.

Q: What made you want to join Her Campus?

A: I wanted to join Her Campus because I have heard many positive things about the group of girls that are involved. I wanted to join another organization on campus to broaden my horizons; I haven’t been involved much because I just started but everyone has already been so nice. I think I made the right decision!

Be sure to keep up with Rachel and Her Campus WVWC by following us on Facebook! You never know what she’ll post next! 

Junior Public Relations major. I have an obsession with my dog and every form of coffee.