Nathan Ropelewski 16′ Helps Fundraise for MS with Theta Xi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Nathan Ropelewski is a junior, psychology and pre-med student from Richmond, Virginia.

He is an RA in Dunn Hall, a tour guide in the Wesleyan Ambassador program, and a brother of Theta Xi.

As the Theta Xi Philanthropy Chair, Nathan is working with his brothers on a philanthropic dodge ball event to benefit Multiple Sclerosis research.

“Multiple sclerosis is an unpredictable disease that attacks the central nervous system and disrupts the flow of information within the brain, as well as between the brain and body,” says Ropelewski.

The money raised at the dodge ball tournament will be donated to The National Multiple Sclerosis Society which is one of the leading researchers of the disease in the country. Specifically, the money will go toward research of management and treatment of the disease.

According to Ropelewski, the dodge ball event will take place in the Chapel Oval next Saturday, September 13, 2014 at 2 pm.

The entry fee is $25 for a team of five, and awesome prizes will be awarded thanks to some generous sponsors. Teams can sign up Wednesday through Friday at the switchboards outside of Aladdin.

The brothers of Theta Xi will also be accepting donations during sign-ups for those who do not wish to play, but would like to help the cause.

“We will be playing dodge ball rain or shine, so get a team together and come play dodge ball for a good cause,” says Ropelewski.

Dodge ball, prizes, and raising money for a good cause all sound like the makings of a great Saturday afternoon, so gather your friends and go have a great time this Saturday in the Chapel Oval.

A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!