Meet the C-92 Radio Exec Team!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Have you noticed the construction happening near the Greek life office?

The communication and public relations department recieved funding to renovate the radio studio in the bottom of Benedum Campus Center! The studio is home to C-92 FM, the student-run broadcast station that gives budding D.Js an opportunity to learn about radio production. Thanks to a generous Wesleyan alum, the space and equipment are getting a much-needed facelift. 

While the offical class is on hold for the semester for these renovations, students can enroll in the 1 credit Intro To Broadcasting class again next fall, and learn to host their own on-air shows!

C-92 is still fairly unfamiliar to the Wesleyan student population, so the station’s executive board has been working hard to spread the word about this great opportunity.

Want to know more? Get to know the executive team below and keep an eye out for updates on their new Facebook, Instagram and Twitter pages!

Nikki Fitzpatrick, is one of the training directors, who helps teach new broadcasters to use the equipment and follow FCC rules and regulations. She is a senior public relations major from New York, and a member of Alpha Gamma Delta.

“In the past no one really knew about C-92, so hopefully our social media presence will help with that. I feel like the communication department will increase students because of the remodeling because students will realize that this field is worth getting into once they take the broadcasting class,” said Fitzpatrick.

Ryan Lopez is also a training director with the station. He is a senior marketing major from Balitmore, Maryland, and a brother of Theta Chi. His passion for music led him to C-92.

“I love music, and how it constantly changes over time. The ability to create beautiful sounds and play them together to where it flows in a consistent rhythm creates a sense of escape from reality, and places you at the mercy of the sounds,” said Lopez.

Ben Spurlock, a senior political science major from Dunbar, West Virginia, is the sports and music director for C-92. He is also a brother of Chi Phi. He said he is looking forward to the improvements.

“I would like to see the radio station make a transformation into a professionally recognized entity on campus, and acquire a much higher rate of publicity and legitimacy,” said Spurlock.

Cierra Coon is the C-92 Secretary, and a senior communications major from Ripley, West Virginia. She is a sister of Zeta Tau Alpha and a writer for Her Campus!

I fell in love with the station when Jackiee and I did our show,” said Coon. “after that, I wanted a chance to better it from a leadership position.” 

Jackiee Luciany is the general manager of the station, leading the group with her skills as a senior communications major. She is from New Jersey, and is a member of Zeta Tau Alpha and Her Campus!

“As the general manager of the radio station although I will not be here next year to utilize these improvements within the station, I wish to leave behind a newly remodeling radio station that people will not only be interested in but will also grow a love for. Through my past four years here at Wesleyan C-92 has been a big part of my life here and I am very excited to be a part of the remodeling and revamping stages because I know that in future years when C-92 FM becomes more popular I will know that it was because our executive staff never stopped trying to improve the station that we all hold dearly to our hearts,” said Luciany. 

Campus Celebrity Columnist for WVWC
A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!