This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

This week’s Campus Spotlight is none other than our own Campus Correspondent, Maty Swartz! Maty is a junior public relations major here at Wesleyan with a passion for all things HC. This summer, she will be working at Her Campus National in Boston, Mass. as a Chapter Management Intern (which she couldn’t be more thrilled about). 

Hometown: Lewisburg, W.Va. It’s a quaint little town with a lot of character, and I can’t wait to go home in a couple of weeks!  

Campus activities: Her Campus WVWC is what I put all of my time and energy into. I’m also the Assistant Editor of our school newspaper (yes, we do have a school newspaper and everyone should read it) and plan to take over as Editor-in-Chief next fall. I’m also the newly elected Public Relations Chair of Wesleyan’s theatre honorary, Alpha Psi Omega. This semester, I’ve spent a lot of my time working in the new media studio, which is now the home of WVWC Channel 22. I stay busy, but I’m just glad that this school has given me so many amazing opportunities!

What do you do for fun? If I ever have free time, I usually go to the gym. It helps me relieve a lot of unwanted stress, and it leaves me feeling refreshed and energized. If I’m feeling particularly lazy, I’ll just hang out in my room, brew some tea and binge-watch my favorite shows on Netflix.

What drew you to Her Campus? I’ve always loved to write, and Her Campus seemed like the perfect way for me to get my work published. I started writing my freshman year, and I’ve been hooked ever since. I took over this year as Campus Correspondent, which means that I’m responsible for editing content as well as managing circulation. In the beginning, I was a bit nervous about taking on such a large leadership role. But after a few weeks of being CC, I really started to enjoy myself. It helped me learn to have confidence in my abilities as a leader, but more importantly, it gave me the opportunity to surround myself with a group of strong and talented women. We always try to empower one another to be our best selves, and I know that I can always count on my team whenever I’m in need of support.

What are you looking most forward to about interning at the national office? When I joined this organization years ago, I never would have dreamed that I would be given an opportunity like this. In all honesty, I’m still waiting for it all to sink in. But even without fully wrapping my head around it all, I’m so excited to meet with the Nationals team as well as leaders from other chapters. I’m hoping that this collaboration will leave me with new thoughts and ideas that I can bring to our chapter when we return in the fall.

What are your plans in the meantime? Honestly, just trying to survive until May 3. Like everyone else, I’m feeling bit overwhelmed with finals and class projects. But as soon as I get home, I plan to do a lot of reading and spend plenty of quality time with my cats. 

Maty recently graduated Summa Cum Laude from West Virginia Wesleyan College (WVWC), and she couldn’t be more excited to return to the Her Campus family as a member of the Community Team.  Maty’s passion for writing has guided her through most of her adult life, and it eventually brought her to to the Her Campus Chapter Network as a Style Blogger for Her Campus WVWC. Maty would go on to become Campus Correspondent of her chapter, as well as an intern for Her Campus National and a Chapter Advisor.  Through her different roles at HC, Maty quickly fell in love with the mission and purpose of the Her Campus Chapter Network—and in her new role, Maty has the rare and coveted opportunity to do what she loves on a daily basis by working with a growing network of 360+ college chapters.    When Maty isn’t at the office, she’s usually out exploring, cooking some random recipe she found on Pinterest, or cuddling with her adorable corgi, Winnie.  Follow Maty on Twitter and Instagram !