JT Noland 15′ Encourages Campus to Donate Blood

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

J.T. Noland is a senior criminal justice major, a WE LEAD coordinator, a Wesleyan Service Scholar, a Wesleyan Ambassador, and the president of Kappa Mu. He is also the philanthropy chair at Alpha Sigma Phi, whom, along with Jessica Vincent, aides in organizing the Red Cross blood drive every few months.

Each time J.T. and his brothers organize a campus or community blood drive, they aim to collect 47-50 units of blood to donate to the Red Cross. However, this September’s drive exceeded that goal, giving 57 units of blood from one day alone!

Due to this high level donation, he hopes that the Red Cross sees the potential in this area and will consider sending more resources to help Alpha Sigma Phi continue towards their philanthropic goals.

“They will hopefully be able to send extra staff and possibly expand the time-frame of the drive, which, in turn, will allow us to collect even more donations in the future,” said Noland

Did you know that, according to the Red Cross, about 5.6 million blood donations are taken each year?

Did you know that close to 3.3 million volunteers contribute to the cause, allowing approximately 8 million transfusable products to be administered across the country?

This could not be possible without volunteers like J.T. and his Alpha Sigma Phi brothers, who give their time and efforts to help save lives.

So grab some friends and sign up during lunch on October 30, 2014 for the next blood drive on November 6, 2014!

A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!