I’m a Fan: Football

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVWC chapter.

Dad is driving me to school, (since I have a broken foot and can’t drive for two more weeks, but that is aside from the point) and we are almost to Exit 99 when he says, “It is such a beautiful day!” I mention how this time of year is the most beautiful because this is “God’s Time” (in my best accent), and this brings me to what I am crazy about right now: FOOTBALL SEASON.

Since I was young, my senses have always responded strongly to the sights and smells of a college football morning. There’s this feeling in the air, more crisp and breathable, that comes with this time of year. Colors are more vibrant, and everything I see just seems a little more clear.

My whole family — including my new family (in less than 2 months) — are into football. Mom says she can’t wait until a crisp, cool Fall football morning so we can open the front and back doors to the house and let the breeze run through the house and watch the leaves fall during pre-game. And on the stove, we’ll have chili cooking. Yummy!

JR (my fiance) and his family have a Thanksgiving tradition that revolve around their love for football.

Every year, they get together and have sandwiches while watching the Dallas Cowboys play at his mom and dad’s house.

I am excited for those crisp Fall Saturday mornings when I can throw on my favorite pair of jean shorts, Ohio State hoodie, and my Ohio State cap and cheer on my favorite college team with my family.

I like watching professional football, but I have always had a little extra team spirit for college football. I have always enjoyed watching college football, and it hit me last season that I am older than some of those players on the field. At 20 years old, I am older than people I’m watching play on TV. I had always thought about how much bigger and older and stronger they are, yet I am them. I am their peers, and that’s pretty cool and sobering at how quickly I’m getting older!

Do you love football season as much as I do? Who is your favorite college team?

Tag us in a tweet about your favorite team or your favorite thing from this weekend’s home Bobcat football game on the new Ross Field!

2015 graduate, and part of the founding HerCampus WVWC team, Stephanie now works as a Technical Writer for a technology contractor in Bridgeport, WV. Stephanie married her husband, JR, in October 2014, and together they have one toddler girl who is stealing their hearts and sanity one day and one dumped bowl of crackers at a time.
A public relations major with a passion for social media, the arts, and all things Disney, writer Corinne Weaver hopes to bring some Her Campus flare to WVWC. Weaver performs with the WVWC Theatre and Dance department, is a sister of Alpha Delta Pi, and interned at the National Aquarium in the Summer of '14! This Co-Editor-In-Chief will always love her close-knit hometown of Oakland, Maryland, but looks forward to opportunities to branch out in the future. Follow her @CorinneWeaver4 on Twitter and Instagram!