This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

It’s the moment everyone dreads.  Whether it was the plane landing, sobriety creeping up on you, or finally waking up from the week long post spring break nap, realization sets in that Spring Break fever is over and the end of the semester is approaching.  

While pictures from Spring Break aren’t exactly refrigerator-hanging worthy, maybe good grades will be.  Here are 5 ways to finish this semester out strong, and make your parents proud again.  

1. Get organized.

Nothing can be accomplished if you are not organized.  Start off with unpacking and settling in your room again.  This way you can do school work in a neat and comfortable atmosphere.  While you may have gotten used to living out of a suitcase for a week, it’s time to readjust to the real world.  

1. Check your e-mails

This may come as a surprise to you, but there is a good chance your professors did not partake in the Panama/Cancun festivities.  Take a few minutes out of your day to check for important dates, notices, etc. from your professors and advisors.  

1. Read over your syllabus

This is an extremely important tip.  There is nothing worse than walking into class and seeing everyone else has a scantron and #2 pencil but you.  Do you really want to be “that girl” standing in front of the classroom, offering money for supplies?  Go through your syllabuses and highlight assignments, due dates, and test days.  

1. Finish any last minute assignments.

Spring Break started the moment you said “F%*k this” and shut your laptop mid- research paper.  That’s okay as long as you open that laptop back up and pick up where you left off.  Make sure you complete anything you left unfinished.  Even if you completed your last minute assignments before break, go back and revise your work.  

1. Final exam shopping trip

Last but not least, let us not forget about the most important week of them all (No, not Spring Break), final’s week.  While these tips may have helped to prep you for this dreadful week, there is one last thing to do, and that is to shop.    Final exams are a very stressful time.  It is important that you stock up on all the necessities needed to make this week a little less miserable.  Make a list of must-have items such as flash cards, highlighters, coffee, Ramon noodles, wine, wine, oh, and more wine!  Having these things on deck will ease some stress off of you and make for a much more laid-back final’s week.  

While school may be the worst “Welcome Home” gift ever, these tips are guaranteed to help you end this semester with a bang.  Stay on task, go to class, and do well on your exams.  Before you know it, summer will be here and we can all go back to bonging beers on the beach.     

Lena is a senior public relations major at West Virginia University with a minor in communications. In her spare time she enjoys traveling, reading, and anything pop-culture related. Lena also considers herself a full-time pizza connoisseur.