tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
tyler nix Pw5uvsFcGF4 unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Why Friendships Are Best In College

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Everyone needs a buddy, a partner in crime, sidekick, or what ever you want to call them, in their life. Sometimes it’s that kid from down the street that you grew up with but other times you don’t meet your soul mate or soul mates until much later in life. Once you get to college you find so many new friends and if you’re like me, these friends will quickly become the most important people in your life. ‘What makes them so special’ you might ask? Well for starters you are together all the time because you live so close to them.

You already have plans to hangout with them Thursday-Saturday night for every weekend for the rest of the semester and expect to get the notorious text, ‘so.. what are we doing tonight?’

You also expect to see them at least 5 days a week or you just get that something’s wrong vibe.

They let you vent and complain about everything no matter how little a situation may be.

And they will be sure to tell you that whoever upset you absolutely sucks which in turn makes you feel better.

They will come over to your house in a heartbeat if you are sad or if you have a pizza to share.

You actually get sad when you think about summer because that means you have to leave your friends for the time being.

They will always and forever have your back and will go out of their way to stick up for you.

You like all the same bars, drinks, and people.  

And perfectly, you learn to dislike all the same bars, drinks and people.

You can have so much fun together even when it’s just the two or three of you.

You know that no matter where you go you’ll always have them.

You can talk to them nonstop about anything and everything no matter how relevant even if they are doing that pretending to listen ‘uh-huh…. Yeah…. Wait really’ thing that we all admittedly do.

You like to think your related, well at least you tell everyone that you’re ‘practically sisters.’

They get excited for you and always want the best for you.

Basically college friends are awesome people that you would be lost without and you fully expect them to be around for.. well.. forever.

I grew up in Charleston, West Virginia. Growing up here I knew there was a possibility of going to West Virginia University my entire life. Although I decided to start my college career at the University of Kentucky, those country roads led me back to WVU in the spring of my sophomore year. This was also the point when I decided to establish myself as a Broadcast Journalist student. Since this point I have strived to become the best possible journalist I can be. I am currently working as a weekend reporter for WDTV-Channel 5 in Clarksburg, West Virginia. Prior to receiving this position, I worked as an intern with WCHS-tv/FOX11, in the summer of 2014, where I learned critical editing, interviewing, writing, and speaking skills. I worked closely with anchors, reporters, editors, directors, producers, and even the web team. Aside from the television industry, I am the Campus Correspondent for the West Virginia University Chapter of the online entertainment magazine, Her Campus. Another position I currently hold is the Social Media Chair of WVU’s Radio Television Digital News Association Chapter. In the Fall of 2012, I became a sister of the Alpha Phi Fraternity, in which I held the position of ‘Big Sister Chairman.’ My other passions include horse back riding, scuba diving, being outdoors, and running. I am very adventurous and I try to stay well rounded. My goal in life is to live life to the fullest and be the best possible version of myself. My ultimate goal would be to earn a spot as a reporter/anchor for Fox News, New York. I plan to graduate in December of 2016 and look forward to my future.