This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Summer is a cheerful season among many college students. It is filled with warm weather, vacations to the beach, friends, cookouts, traveling, and working for money to spend for the upcoming fall semester. However, sometimes people don’t take advantage of the actual summer season. Here’s a few summer tips to help you enjoy, relax, and remind you the time off before you go back to school.

1.   Spend your money wisely!

The summer is a time to work and make some money before the upcoming semester. Keep in mind what you’ll want to spend your money during the school year before you spend it all in one place.

2. Take a vacation!

Don’t spend all your time working, take a relaxing vacation or weekend getaway to the beach or visit friends from school.

3.   Read an inspiring book!

Find a quiet place outside or by the pool and get inspired by reading a good book.

4.   Keep in touch with friends from school!

Nothing better than keeping up with your friends from school so you can be excited to see them in the fall.

5.   Enjoy the warm weather!

Spend time outside everyday, especially on those warm sunny days. Get your friends together for a cookout or throw a party outside on a warm summer night.

6.   Go to a concert or festival!

Live life on the edge. Do the things you want to do while you’re young. Go to a music festival and enjoy yourself.

7.   Enjoy summer treats!

Get an ice-cream cone on your lunch break to cool you down on a warm day. Have a cookout with fresh fruits such as watermelon, strawberries, and peaches.