The Pauly D Project

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

One of the most well known reality TV stars blows up MTV with an even better show. Paul DelVecchio, “DJ Pauly D”, went from the drama filled “Jersey Shore” to a hilarious celebration of his true passion – “beatin’ that beat.” 

MTV followed the star to Las Vegas after he accepted an exciting opportunity to DJ regularly for the Palms Casino Resort.

Pauly D’s career is really just getting started and now he can honestly say that he is following his dream. Las Vegas gave him his first major residency, but he still is known for traveling to different clubs for guest performances. One close example is Washington DC. Who wouldn’t want to experience his gift? I know that I would love to see the tan-aholic live!

It is a little disturbing to actually think about the insane amount of success that he has had ever since being
casted on “Jersey Shore”. Just by doing the expected “cabs are here” or “yeahhhh buddy” hollers, he collects more money than any WVU college grad will make in their life time.

According to CelebrityNetworth.com, Pauly D’s net worth is currently 3.5 million dollars. The incredible amount of money has yet to stop Pauly D from continuing to shine. The reality star has, for example, been on the road with Nicki Minaj and Britney Spears. He also has confirmed that he signed with 50 cent’s G-Unit Records.

Wow. I, along with probably everyone else, am very jealous of this one man’s success. How on earth did the 31-years-old Providence, Rhode Island, guy become this incredibly famous? GTL and DTF.

I don’t recommend mimicking his actions, but I do recommend watching his new show. “The Pauly D Project” is hilarious. Jersey Shore made him famous, but now he is showing the world what he’s really about. The opportunity of a lifetime even allowed him to bring his hometown crew to Vegas, providing a fresh change from the gudto/guidette cast.

I personally don’t miss an episode. It airs every Thursday at 10:30. If you have yet to watch “The Pauly D Project”, make sure to catch an episode. I guarantee that there will be stomach-cramping laughter. Check it out! 

Becca is a junior from Collegeville, Pennsylvania. She attends West Virginia University where she is pursing a major in Advertising and minors in Business and Communications. She is involved in the Martin-Hall Agency, which is the advertising club for the University. She is currently interning as an American Eagle Campus Representative for WVU, where she works with two other girls to promote the brand on campus. In her spare time, she loves to shop, read, play field hockey and, of course, eat. Living right outside of Philly her whole life, she can’t resist a good cheesesteak and an awesome Phillies game. She looks forward to graduating college and finding a job working at a large advertising firm in either Pittsburgh or back home in Philly.