Park & Madison Opens in Suncrest Towne Center

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

Need a new place to get one-of-a-kind wardrobe staples? Park & Madison, a fashion boutique, has just opened in the Suncrest Towne Center. The boutique sells everything from shoes to apparel to accessories and gifts. Park & Madison is fashion forward and your new spot to get a new outfit for the weekend.

Park & Madison was founded only this past September! Owners Brittany Palumbo and Shannon Coombs went on a buying trip to the Big Apple and sealed the deal for a store together, right here in Morgantown. Brittany graduated from WVU in 2009 with a BS in business marketing. She previously worked for Vance’s Blues Boutique as a manager under co-owner Shannon. Shannon owns Vance’s Blues Boutique, which opened in 2005. The two are so excited to finally be opening a store together!

On December 1, Park & Madison celebrated its grand opening, complete with wine, food, music and sales. The boutique donated five percent of its proceeds from the night to “Bless the Watsons,” a family from Ohio with 4 children. Jen Watson was diagnosed with leukemia this past April and her family is in need of dire support. Park & Madison did its part to celebrate its grand opening, but also to help a family in need.

Park & Madison has everything you are looking for and more! Stop by and get a new dress or pair of earrings and strut your stuff while supporting an alum and a pair who is unstoppable. 

Rachel is a junior at West Virginia University and a direct-admit to the P.I. Reed School of Journalism, majoring in public relations with a minor in dance. She is the treasurer of the WVU chapter of Public Relations Student Society of America and a member of the WVU Dance Ensemble. Rachel is currently an intern with the Morgantown Area Chamber of Commerce, where she single-handedly designs, writes and edits the monthly newsletter. She also works part-time at Guess. Writing, dancing and fashion are all passions of Rachel’s. In her free time, she enjoys getting coffee, shopping (especially for high heels and dresses), tanning, sushi, reading, listening to music and being a closet movie buff. Rachel’s hometown is Pittsburgh, PA, where she hopes to return to live and work someday at a public relations agency.