This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at WVU chapter.

This, 6’9 freshman, Nathan Adrian is hard to miss when walking around campus at WVU. Nathan is a starter on the WVU Men’s basketball team. He has an outstanding season; although they fell short of the NCAA tournament they are a young team who continues to progress.  Nathan is from Morgantown, WV. He is balancing being a student athlete majoring in pre business and economics but this doesn’t hold him back from giving his all out on the court. 

Q: How do you feel about being a student athlete?

A: Being a student athlete is tough because of how busy my schedule is but it also has its benefits so I don’t mind it. 

Q: Did you always plan on playing basketball in college?

A: Once I got to high school I realized I could play basketball in college and that’s when I started to plan on it

Q: What is most important to your life outside sports?

A: My friends are most important to me outside basketball

Q: What has been the highlight of your athletic career this far?

A: Beating Kansas in our last home game

Q: How do you like having Bob Huggins as a coach?

A: Yes, I like coach Huggins as a coach. He is tough at times but if you do what he asks then its good to play under him

Q: Do you like competing in the Big 12?

A:I like the competition in the Big 12 but all the traveling gets old after awhile

Q: What are your plans after college? NBA?

A: I don’t plan on going to the NBA but if the opportunity for me to happens then I will. Other than that I haven’t planned anything yet